So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I’m therefore going to assume you’ve never owned a Ford. In my experience, if it isn’t made in either Dagenham or Japan it’s going to disappoint. 

When did you last.buy a UK Dagenham made Ford? They haven’t made a car there for at least 16 years

21 hours ago, Rog said:

The Beemer that I now have is quite simply impeccable in every way.  Over the years I have NEVER owned a British car that was trouble free.

Except in snowy conditions.

17 minutes ago, homarus said:

Quite.

Partner's sister has a bmw. I struggle to get in and out of the bloody thing. And it's cost a fortune in repairs over the last few years especially the so-called "engine management" system.

No thanks.

9 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I’m therefore going to assume you’ve never owned a Ford. In my experience, if it isn’t made in either Dagenham or Japan it’s going to disappoint. 

I've never owned a "Dagenham Dustbin". I've driven a few rentals and was always very unimpressed. I avoid Japanese anything as much as I can on a point of principle.

1 hour ago, homarus said:

It's an MPV and is ok in the snow but it's fitted with all-season tyres. They make a huge difference even in the mild but often wet winters here in the UK. 

3 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Rice, olive oil, wine, bacon, cheese, milk in bulk, salads, veg, butter, meat, sherry, port, sugar, apples, oranges, fruits, fish and processed fish, pasta and many UK products as it is still in the EU....

When we do escape from the horrid EU there will be nothing stopping anyone from buying goods from the EU or travelling to the EU or even relocating to or taking up employment in the EU - provided that they meet entry requirements. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Rice, olive oil, wine, bacon, cheese, milk in bulk, salads, veg, butter, meat, sherry, port, sugar, apples, oranges, fruits, fish and processed fish, pasta and many UK products as it is still in the EU....

food products are way overpriced in the eu.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Not looking too good so far old boy....

There is absolutely no question that we will escape, the only question is what Theresa May will give away in the process.  She's been a total disaster in this, she should have invoked #50 the day that the referendum result became clear and gone for a Hard Exit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rog said:

There is absolutely no question that we will escape, the only question is what Theresa May will give away in the process.  She's been a total disaster in this, she should have invoked #50 the day that the referendum result became clear and gone for a Hard Exit.

There is absolutely no question because there is no absolute answer. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

What point of principle would that be?

That unlike Germany Japan has been and continues to be unwilling to recognise the dreadful conduct during WW2 and before that in China. Unfortunately it's impossible for an individual to totally boycott anywhere but if I could boycott Japanese products then I certainly would on that basis alone.