So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Because it showed a lack of belief in Britain's place in the world or it's ability to influence the bureaucracy (hardly surprising since agitators in the Tory Party have meant whenever they're in power Britain has has one foot outside for years). It was a retreat into ourselves, away from the rest of the world, a lack of confidence in ourselves. That's bound to be followed by a few fallow years. It's like a divorce, we're going to spend time on the couch eating pizza feeling sorry for ourselves but eventually we'll start dating again.

Because it showed a lack of belief in Britain's place in the world or it's ability to influence the bureaucracy (hardly surprising since agitators in the Tory Party have meant whenever they're in power Britain has has one foot outside for years). It was a retreat into ourselves, away from the rest of the world, a lack of confidence in ourselves. That's bound to be followed by a few fallow years. It's like a divorce, we're going to spend time on the couch eating pizza feeling sorry for ourselves but eventually we'll start dating again.

Can I just shock you; the vast majority of the world aren't in Europe and we're in the process of negotiating and agreeing trade deals with them. How exactly is that retreating into ourselves and away from the rest of the world?

• Like 3

the uk hasn't had a place in the world for over 40 years

• Like 2

the uk hasn't had a place in the world for over 40 years

Really? We have been invading plenty of it over that period...

Can I just shock you; the vast majority of the world aren't in Europe and we're in the process of negotiating and agreeing trade deals with them. How exactly is that retreating into ourselves and away from the rest of the world?

Yes that was the rhetoric used during the campaign. I'll be pleasantly surprised if that happens, particularly since America is also entering one of it's periods of isolationism. Especially since the vote was primarily driven by immigration concerns - and the Government has no choice but to act on that expression of the public will (sadly). How can we slam shut the borders and say we're open to business to the world at the same time? I'm worried that we've built our own psychological Mexican Wall.

• Like 1

Yes that was the rhetoric used during the campaign. I'll be pleasantly surprised if that happens, particularly since America is also entering one of it's periods of isolationism. Especially since the vote was primarily driven by immigration concerns - and the Government has no choice but to act on that expression of the public will (sadly). How can we slam shut the borders and say we're open to business to the world at the same time? I'm worried that we've built our own psychological Mexican Wall.

You worry too much.

• Like 1

You worry too much.

Well time will tell.

• Like 1