So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Just now, Barrie Stevens said:

There is absolutely no question because there is no absolute answer. 

Oh yes there is!  We're quitting the EU if for no other reason that if there was a serious attempt to turn the clock back then never mind Enoch there really would be blood on the streets for that reason alone. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, woody2 said:

food products are way overpriced in the eu.......

And that ripples through to the UK.

Unrestricted trading in the global market will see many prices fall in the UK and by getting rid of the dreadful EU quota system we will be able to produce more goods for our own use and for export.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rog said:

Unrestricted trading in the global market will see many prices fall 

But it won’t. Pragmatically the UK has more trade agreements with the EU internally ( 27 ) and  through the EU with EEA (4) and the rest of the world (60), Than it will ever negotiate on its own. Prices will rise because uk will be on WTO tariffs for everything until a few new agreements are reached. The other countries and trading blocks are more interested in negotiations with the larger blocks like the EU. Of course UK could act unilaterally and let in cheap goods, whilst it’s trading partners maintain tariffs on UK goods. Is that beneficial for UK industry?

28 minutes ago, Rog said:

by getting rid of the dreadful EU quota system we will be able to produce more goods for our own use and for export.

That’s going to take some slow tanker turn around. We didn’t before the Common Market, the EC or the EU. If your first point is correct, tariff free imports, then it will negate uk manufacturing expansion, unless the pound sterling sinks and imports become too expensive. Then the uk might become a world sweat shop low wage poor regulation and no workers rights economy, I suppose.  Is that really for the benefit of most of the uk population?

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But it won’t. Pragmatically the UK has more trade agreements with the EU internally ( 27 ) and  through the EU with EEA (4) and the rest of the world (60), Than it will ever negotiate on its own. Prices will rise because uk will be on WTO tariffs for everything until a few new agreements are reached. The other countries and trading blocks are more interested in negotiations with the larger blocks like the EU. Of course UK could act unilaterally and let in cheap goods, whilst it’s trading partners maintain tariffs on UK goods. Is that beneficial for UK industry?

That’s going to take some slow tanker turn around. We didn’t before the Common Market, the EC or the EU. If your first point is correct, tariff free imports, then it will negate uk manufacturing expansion, unless the pound sterling sinks and imports become too expensive. Then the uk might become a world sweat shop low wage poor regulation and no workers rights economy, I suppose.  Is that really for the benefit of most of the uk population?

Not tariff free necessarily but not constrained so much to the advantage of the EU as it is at present.

But the UK really must become competitive in the global market and if that means cutting back on "benefits" and pay in order to compete then so be it.

The continued running of deficit budgets in order to support a living standard way above that which export earnings justify is unsustainable and must be addressed. 

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

uk already pays wto tariffs on imports from outside the eu or it pays eu import tariffs something remoans never mention.....

the eu has very few fta's and next to zero with the largest trading nations.....

38 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

It's not impossible to boycott anywhere Rog, you choose not to because it would be inconvenient to you .  You are weak.

LOL!

Certainly physically and probably intellectually as the years roll on but in today's world there is so much that are, at least to me, now essential that at the least contain parts that have been made in Japan or by Japanese firms using offshore labour. 

What I do boycott absolutely are all fruit, veg, and anything else from any and all Islamic countries. 

4 minutes ago, Rog said:

LOL!

Certainly physically and probably intellectually as the years roll on but in today's world there is so much that are, at least to me, now essential that at the least contain parts that have been made in Japan or by Japanese firms using offshore labour. 

What I do boycott absolutely are all fruit, veg, and anything else from any and all Islamic countries. 

Really? So where do you source your fuels?

4 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

And the rest?

Much of our electricity comes from gas powered generation plant, wind power, and nuclear power. My car has a gas conversation, on the odd occasion we hold a barbeque we buy charcoal from a guy who produces it locally, candles that my wife lights for Shabbos we buy direct from Israel (keeps her quiet!).

I can switch to petrol for the car but has is much cheaper per mile, so that's about it.