So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

21 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

EU Trade Agreements details etc click the link

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/agreements/

the EUSSR still keeps the coffee producers in line,paying them peanuts for their products,roasting the same,then charging the EUSSR countries 5/6 times the cost,they practice a worse brand of colonialism than the UK ever did,and these bastars seem to think this  is ok. this is from the Europhiles most loved rag!!!!!!!!!!.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/16/cost-coffee-ignored-europe-politcians

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twinkle said:

the EUSSR still keeps the coffee producers in line,paying them peanuts for their products,roasting the same,then charging the EUSSR countries 5/6 times the cost,they practice a worse brand of colonialism than the UK ever did,and these bastars seem to think this  is ok. this is from the Europhiles most loved rag!!!!!!!!!!.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/16/cost-coffee-ignored-europe-politcians

That’s not what the EU does. It isn’t even what the Guardian says the EU does. Coffee bean  prices are set on commodity exchanges and by multinationals. And yes, it’s reprehensible the way commodity traders and multinationals treat the poor.

To be clear, the EU buys no raw green ( or other ) coffee beans from growers nor does it then sell it on to member states.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Exactly. We may get TA’s. But we are walking from the only FTA we are ever likely to have  and 60+ TA’s

if aus and the usa can do one in 18 months, so can the uk.......

something the eu hasn't been able to do.......

all the remoans getting excited about the lords vote:lol: the amendment only demands ministers provide update and is meaningless......

Lord Forsyth went further, suggesting that it was a plot by "Remainers in this House, who are the majority, who refuse to accept the verdict of the British people - and I believe they are playing with fire".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43812360

10 hours ago, Rog said:

That unlike Germany Japan has been and continues to be unwilling to recognise the dreadful conduct during WW2 and before that in China. Unfortunately it's impossible for an individual to totally boycott anywhere but if I could boycott Japanese products then I certainly would on that basis alone.

Wrong. As usual.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan

Don’t forget, Japan went to war as they and Thailand were the last free non-white country left, and the only non-white countries capable of smashing colonialism in Asia. Brits are in no position to take the moral high-ground in Asia, especially not in China, or maybe I missed all the British apologies for the summary executions in Burma, the Opium wars, the Bengal famine, the partition of India, the Burning of the Summer Palace, the colonial war crimes in Malaya, etc, etc. 

Strange that you boycott a country whose military haven’t fired a single bullet in anger for 73 years, and whose scientists and engineers have enhanced life for so many. Stranger still that you go out of your way to buy voodoo candles from a state like Israel. 

Edited by Freggyragh

4 hours ago, woody2 said:

if aus and the usa can do one in 18 months, so can the uk.......

Is that how your brain works? Aus and the USA are very different to the U.K., strategically, economically, and in levels of experience in making trade deals. I don’t doubt the U.K. can make deals quickly, the USA in particular are relishing the prospect, sadly it will be a crap deal for Britain because Britain will be comparatively weak and isolated. But of course, as this becomes clearer the chances of any sort of Brexit are ebbing away.

16 hours ago, John Wright said:

When did you last.buy a UK Dagenham made Ford? They haven’t made a car there for at least 16 years

Had a few transits, still got one. I think the engines are still assembled in Dagenham, but you’re right, the assembly is probably done across multiple EU plants and the parts sourced from all over the place. Still, Ford produce great value vehicles, only bettered by Japanese, or Korean marques. 

I bought a 2001 Mondeo Estate with 22k on the clock in 2006 for just £3k. It ran and ran and just kept passing it's MOT year after year. In desperation I scrapped it just before it's 2017 MOT to make absolutely sure it wouldn't pass again!

I put 150k miles on it and and in 11 years it only needed a new clutch kit. But then the previous owner's 22k miles were all done pulling a caravan.

Basically it owed me nothing.

Fords are a bit dull but these days they're pretty bomb-proof. Put together in Germany.

10 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Is that how your brain works? Aus and the USA are very different to the U.K., strategically, economically, and in levels of experience in making trade deals. I don’t doubt the U.K. can make deals quickly, the USA in particular are relishing the prospect, sadly it will be a crap deal for Britain because Britain will be comparatively weak and isolated. But of course, as this becomes clearer the chances of any sort of Brexit are ebbing away.

you do know the uk worked on the aus-usa deal....

:rolleyes: