So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

10 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Had a few transits, still got one. I think the engines are still assembled in Dagenham, but you’re right, the assembly is probably done across multiple EU plants and the parts sourced from all over the place. Still, Ford produce great value vehicles, only bettered by Japanese, or Korean marques. 

pikey.......

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Wrong. As usual.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan

Don’t forget, Japan went to war as they and Thailand were the last free non-white country left, and the only non-white countries capable of smashing colonialism in Asia. Brits are in no position to take the moral high-ground in Asia, especially not in China, or maybe I missed all the British apologies for the summary executions in Burma, the Opium wars, the Bengal famine, the partition of India, the Burning of the Summer Palace, the colonial war crimes in Malaya, etc, etc. 

Strange that you boycott a country whose military haven’t fired a single bullet in anger for 73 years, and whose scientists and engineers have enhanced life for so many. Stranger still that you go out of your way to buy voodoo candles from a state like Israel. 

Voodoo? Hardly! It's simply that "her indoors" doesn't want to burn candles for Shabbos that probably contain umreyn material.  Whereas I'm a dyed in the wool atheist my wife is rather frum.

It used to make for interesting (?) discussions between us!

Interesting? Sheesh!

As for "a state like Israel" why not?  

There's SFA wrong with Israel except the revolting neighbouring states

Edited by Rog

4 hours ago, Rog said:

Voodoo? Hardly! It's simply that "her indoors" doesn't want to burn candles for Shabbos that probably contain umreyn material.  Whereas I'm a dyed in the wool atheist my wife is rather frum.

It used to make for interesting (?) discussions between us!

Your use of yiddish words is, at best, a pantomime affectation.

Edited by pongo
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I’m not going to ask what weirdness Shabbos is, and I’m not following you down the rabbit hole to discuss the state of Israel. 

Shabbos is what we common folk call The Sabbath.  Being polite we should wish each other "Shabbat Shalom" when the woman of the house lights the Sabbath candles but in our place as well in many liberal / Reform it's a muttered "gut Shabbos" (even though ' er indoors would never stoop so "low class")

2 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I’m not going to ask what weirdness Shabbos is, and I’m not following you down the rabbit hole to discuss the state of Israel. 

The state of Israel?

Getting bigger and better every day!

56 minutes ago, Rog said:

Shabbos is what we common folk call The Sabbath.  Being polite we should wish each other "Shabbat Shalom" when the woman of the house lights the Sabbath candles but in our place as well in many liberal / Reform it's a muttered "gut Shabbos" (even though ' er indoors would never stoop so "low class")

But you’re going to tell me anyway. Next you’ll be telling me your imginary friend won’t let me play in his imaginary world if I don’t respect your voodoo.