So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Are you ok mate?

Now now. That TLDL would have taken more than a while to put together.

At least show a little pity for someone with clearly not much else to occupy themselves with....

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Like we do for you, you mean? 

High time you started to play the ball instead of getting strung up on style rather than content.

ETA loved the "we" by the way. 

Edited by P.K.

8 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Are you ok mate?

Fine, Freggy.

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

Now now. That TLDL would have taken more than a while to put together.

At least show a little pity for someone with clearly not much else to occupy themselves with....

Just a few minutes here and there over the past few weeks. It amuses me when people say things like "not much else to occupy themselves". They clearly don't know how to manage their time. In the same period I've travelled 3,000 miles and closed several decent deals. Your dividend is that I don't charge my normal rate for my time when I'm here. :)

As for TLDL (TLDR) I don't believe you for a minute. You wouldn't be able to help yourself!!

Edited by woolley
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, woolley said:

Fine, Freggy.

Just a few minutes here and there over the past few weeks. It amuses me when people say things like "not much else to occupy themselves". They clearly don't know how to manage their time. In the same period I've travelled 3,000 miles and closed several decent deals. Your dividend is that I don't charge my normal rate for my time when I'm here. :)

As for TLDL (TLDR) I don't believe you for a minute. You wouldn't be able to help yourself!!

Well done on your business success. It's always nice when folks do well.

Come on, honesty here, how long did that state of the nation take to put together? Or was it a good way to spend 3,000 miles of travelling?

I'm not going to read it because I'm sure there's nothing in it that I haven't already heard over the months on here. Plus pulling it apart would just take too long!

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Well done on your business success. It's always nice when folks do well.

Come on, honesty here, how long did that state of the nation take to put together? Or was it a good way to spend 3,000 miles of travelling?

I'm not going to read it because I'm sure there's nothing in it that I haven't already heard over the months on here. Plus pulling it apart would just take too long!

It took about an hour and a half, maybe two, in total over the 6 weeks since I challenged the brethren to predict how things might pan out. I approached it as I would any piece by first sketching out a few headings and then binding them together over a number of short sessions, say 10 - 15 minutes at a time over the period. Then say a further 15 minutes to read through and edit. OK? I would of course have other stuff going on at the same time such as waiting for responses from associates, travelling etc.

So what is your attention span, PK? It takes about 10 minutes to read my post as you will already know, of course, because there is no way you haven't read it. After all, you are always telling us that Brexit is espoused by thick-as-pigshit, Johnny Foreigner hating Daily Mail readers with no substance. Instead of carping about my assessment and prediction, why not give us yours?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, woolley said:

So what is your attention span, PK?

Can't speak for him but I find that any more than a few sentences on a forum and I zone out. Anything longer is for Medium.

The Stinking Enigma model works very well too. One point.

Edited by pongo

15 minutes ago, woolley said:

Right. So it isn't you, it's the medium. Very good.

With Medium I can better manage my reading lists. Where as a long forum post is going to quickly get buried. Often before I would ever get to it.

Styling and format is often a factor too.

Edited by pongo

6 minutes ago, pongo said:

With Medium I can better manage my reading lists. Where as a long forum post is going to quickly get buried. Often before I would ever get to it.

Yes, posts can quickly get buried in a forum. However, with a local set up like MF, if it's a topic I'm interested in I don't mind looking back a few pages till I find the last post I "liked". Not like it takes a long time.

I see that Medium is supposed to be worldwide, but it seems very America-centric from a user viewpoint. Looks like a money pit and they are having trouble making it fly.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

It took about an hour and a half, maybe two, in total over the 6 weeks since I challenged the brethren to predict how things might pan out. I approached it as I would any piece by first sketching out a few headings and then binding them together over a number of short sessions, say 10 - 15 minutes at a time over the period. Then say a further 15 minutes to read through and edit. OK? I would of course have other stuff going on at the same time such as waiting for responses from associates, travelling etc.

So what is your attention span, PK? It takes about 10 minutes to read my post as you will already know, of course, because there is no way you haven't read it. After all, you are always telling us that Brexit is espoused by thick-as-pigshit, Johnny Foreigner hating Daily Mail readers with no substance. Instead of carping about my assessment and prediction, why not give us yours?

I haven't read it. But by all means keep thinking that I may have.

Bit silly really asking about attention spans. Like the rest of the planet it all depends on motivation and the task in hand. I took one look at the size of the paragraphs and then how many there were and made an instant decision. Which wasn't exactly difficult :)

In a previous life I would spend hours on a customer site wading through crash dumps, LSA traces and so forth with a telephone directory down the trousers.

Motivation and the task in hand.....