So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

UK General Election - Woolsters tome seems like a reasonable summ^h^h^h^h thesis.

Brexit impact on UK - Reduction in economic growth for a period of at least 10 years, probably longer, and a similar time (maybe x2-3) to recover from this.

Low probability of a catastrophic development in first couple of years but everyone will get together to sort it if it's looking like something's going to happen.

If you’re going to write an essay length post then for fuck’s sake give it a bit of structure, otherwise it’s just rambling, random thoughts. Next time, write an introduction defining your subject, your thesis and an idea of how the essay will develop to support said thesis. Limit each paragraph to one topic and present each paragraph in some sort of logical order. Likewise, structure the development points of each paragraph in logical order. Finally, restate your thesis in a concluding paragraph and bring together all the key points of the thesis and perhaps leave us with a final thought. You’ll find that more people will engage with your ideas if you put some thought into how you present them. 

Edited by Freggyragh

30 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

If you’re going to write an essay length post then for fuck’s sake give it a bit of structure, otherwise it’s just rambling, random thoughts. Next time, write an introduction defining your subject, your thesis and an idea of how the essay will develope to support said thesis. Limit each paragraph to one topic and present each paragraph in some sort of logical order. Likewise, structure the development points of each paragraph in logical order. Finally, restate your thesis in a concluding paragraph and bring together all the key points of the thesis and perhaps leave us with a final thought. You’ll find that more people will engage with your ideas if you put some thought into how you present them. 

Absolutely.

No way am I going to wade through a load of turgid verbiage mining for gold.

What I need is an Exec Summary written by a fawning acolyte who has actually read it.

13 hours ago, quilp said:

Like we do for you, you mean? 

Anyone from the "we" group would probably do....

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

What I need is an Exec Summary written by a fawning acolyte who has actually read it.

He said nobody wants to be PM so parliament will run its full term.

Brexit will be grand.

Lots of whiney stuff.

That's about it.

p.s. I don't think I meet your qualifying criteria. :D

2 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

He said nobody wants to be PM so parliament will run its full term.

Brexit will be grand.

Lots of whiney stuff.

That's about it.

p.s. I don't think I meet your qualifying criteria. :D

I guess not.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2017 at 11:05 AM, pongo said:

Holy Shit!   DDT is an Organochlorine Based Pesticide that is Extreme Toxic!!!

That Bloke who Ate Some as a Demonstration probably came down with Extreme Chronic Illnesses after that and his Children were Born with Birth Defects.

That sorts of Pesticides where Banned in Canada in the 1960s and for Good Reason!

3X3

Dear me.

That's as out of place on this thread as paswt questioning the morals of those indulging in the most popular participatory sport in the UK.

Unless you are referring to the EU regulations around which types of pesticide you can use?

17 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

If you’re going to write an essay length post then for fuck’s sake give it a bit of structure, otherwise it’s just rambling, random thoughts. Next time, write an introduction defining your subject, your thesis and an idea of how the essay will develop to support said thesis. Limit each paragraph to one topic and present each paragraph in some sort of logical order. Likewise, structure the development points of each paragraph in logical order. Finally, restate your thesis in a concluding paragraph and bring together all the key points of the thesis and perhaps leave us with a final thought. You’ll find that more people will engage with your ideas if you put some thought into how you present them. 

Go on then. Give us your take. How would you know about the structure if you haven't read it?

Edited by woolley