So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

I'm just throwing it out there. Not attributing it to you. There's a real cost saving to be had without the disabled using up resources. I know the liberals and snowflakes won't like it, but give it a couple of years, if I keep mentioning it people will get desensitised, we could make it happen.

It's still irrelevant to this. Start a new thread if you think it's a valid proposal.

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes it is. He widens the subject to include homosexuals and the disabled to take a pop at criticism of them which hasn't been made. Textbook case.

We started with muslims. Not racist because it's a religion. Now blacks. You validated that extension because "there's truth to it". Is that where we stop?  There's truth in my extension too.

Edited by Mr. Sausages
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

We started with muslims. Not racist because it's a religion. Now blacks. You validated that extension because "there's truth to it". Is that where we stop?  There truth in my extension too.

I said there was much truth in the article and there is. I did not say it was 100% gospel.

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes it is. He widens the subject to include homosexuals and the disabled to take a pop at criticism of them which hasn't been made.

It's not an example of a strawman argument - aka Aunt Sally. The structure is wrong.

He hasn't invented an argument and then refuted it. He has extrapolated an argument and agreed with it ironically.

9 minutes ago, pongo said:

It's not an example of a strawman argument - aka Aunt Sally. The structure is wrong.

He hasn't invented an argument and then refuted it. He has extrapolated an argument and agreed with it ironically.

Definition: an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

He has invented a spurious argument. He doesn't have to refute it for it to be a strawman set up. Textbook case.

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

He has invented a spurious argument. He doesn't have to refute it for it to be a strawman set up. Textbook case.

The whole point of an Aunt Sally / Strawman is that you set it up to knock it down. 

4 hours ago, woolley said:

Exactly as you say: more remoaning fake news and project fear.......... and the treacherous Guardian.

The factual situation: Airbus has confirmed it is cutting production of two aircraft in a move that will put up to 3,700 jobs at risk in France, Germany, Spain and at Filton.

https://www.ft.com/content/913e8b32-2225-11e8-9a70-08f715791301

As far as I am aware France Germany and Spain will remain in the EU for the time being. This is not about Brexit at all. It is about spending 20 billion euros of taxpayers' money on developing the A380 aircraft for which there is no mass market. Never a good plan.

What a classic piece of misinformation!

As I understand it.

The above piece is about cutting back on the numbers of aircraft produced per year. Which will, of course, mean ALL the plants across the EU will need fewer staff.

The Grauniad piece is about porting the wing production from the UK into the EU because of the uncertainties of Brexit.

After all, with the cutback on Airbus manufacturing they will have spare capacity.

Makes sense.

Watched a program on how they get the wings from the UK to France. Fascinating stuff. But what a complete and utter faff.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

No. Because most of the strategic manufacturing losses came during our membership of the EU. It's about protecting your own national interests.

What has the timing got to do with the situation we are in?

The below gives every reason to be in a powerful trading bloc.

2 hours ago, woolley said:

We have globalisation to thank for strategic industries being hived off around the world. Vehicle manufacture, consumer durables, heavy engineering, shipbuilding, nuclear capability etc. Not a Brexit issue as such, but massive folly all the same. Dancing to the tune of unregulated global capitalism, no matter what the damage caused.

One of your very rare posts that I actually agree with.

2 hours ago, woolley said:

Bloody hell. The man is deluded. He says because of Brexit the project cannot be called a success. Presumably he thinks that Brexit apart the whole thing is a roaring triumph.

No, he is, like a lot of the EU, sad and disappointed that the UK is leaving.

Quite naturally they blame their blueprint because seemingly it lacked the flexibility to keep the UK in.

Being reasonably intelligent people they know that "one size fits all" is never going to work. Which is why sovereignty, border controls and so forth are still in the realm of the nation states.

So why leave?

I believe I know the answer to that one....