So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

28 minutes ago, P.K. said:

No, he is, like a lot of the EU, sad and disappointed that the UK is leaving.

Quite naturally they blame their blueprint because seemingly it lacked the flexibility to keep the UK in.

Being reasonably intelligent people they know that "one size fits all" is never going to work. Which is why sovereignty, border controls and so forth are still in the realm of the nation states.

So why leave?

I believe I know the answer to that one....

my oh my aren't we a clever prick.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Yes, the treacherous Guardian directly quoting their concerns over the lack of clarity over Brexit. 

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

because of the uncertainties of Brexit.

this is what you remoans always get wrong....

the process is nothing to do with the uk, it perfectly highlights the failing eu and its systems....

the process (which the eu failed to have) and the timing are down to the eu......

it also highlights how the eu can't respond to a changing world......

So what?  Stop moaning.  This is what the brexiters chose.  They knew it would bring uncertainty.  They knew they'd have no control over the process, and no control over the timing.  This is what they chose.  They need to deal with it instead of moaning about the EU. 

Edited by Mr. Sausages

3 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Spurious? Explain. If it’s easy to defeat then you go for it. You may convince me.

Spurious in the sense that you introduced groups that were not mentioned in the article and are in any case indigenous. It isn't for me to defeat it. That was brought in by Pongo in his confused attempt to define a strawman argument. It doesn't HAVE to be defeated but if it is it's for you to do so.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

"an intentionally misrepresented proposition"

Who have I misrepresented?

Writer of the original piece.

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Spurious in the sense that you introduced groups that were not mentioned in the article and are in any case indigenous. It isn't for me to defeat it. That was brought in by Pongo in his confused attempt to define a strawman argument. It doesn't HAVE to be defeated but if it is it's for you to do so.

Writer of the original piece.

I’ve made no reference to an “original piece”. I’ve made my own argument. Why is up to me to defeat it? You sound confused. 

58 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

I’ve made no reference to an “original piece”. I’ve made my own argument. Why is up to me to defeat it? You sound confused. 

No, you clearly just don't understand the principle. No point in trying to explain to you further. You're more confused than Pongo.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

So what?  Stop moaning.  This is what the brexiters chose.  They knew it would bring uncertainty.  They knew they'd have no control over the process, and no control over the timing.  This is what they chose.  They need to deal with it instead of moaning about the EU. 

missing the point again......

10 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

what's people's take on this:

BMW joins Airbus in Brexit warning - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44582831

Same as Airbus. The happy-clappy will dismiss it as "project fear" or say that BMW is in trouble and using Brexit as an excuse (as they have with Airbus).

Nationalists and the irritable will say that Brexit is not about jobs or the economy. 

The reality is that we wait and see.

If Brexit turns out to be even more of a disaster than it already is so far then those who supported it will blame remainers. Then, ultimately, they will blame each other.

The sensible position was always Eurosceptic remain. Part of the Single Market but not part of the Euro was the sweet spot. Dragging our heels and waiting for them to see sense. Brexit showed a complete lack of irony.

• Like 1