So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

Indeed. You are a bit tiresome with your "Look at me, I use my own name, aren't I wonderful." fixation. You also live hundreds of miles away in a different country with no business, employment or political connection to the Island. You weren't so upfront when you lived here were you, rmanx?

Awww hit a nerve?

I actually stand by what I say, rather than pretend I do.

I still have connections to the island and have an interest in what happens there.

Using your logic, you don't live on the mainland, so why should your opinion on anything happening to it matter?

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

Awww hit a nerve?

I actually stand by what I say, rather than pretend I do.

I still have connections to the island and have an interest in what happens there.

Using your logic, you don't live on the mainland, so why should your opinion on anything happening to it matter?

You couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, much less a nerve with me.

Why did you use rmanx when you lived here and not now then? Don't tell me. You had a "transparency" Damascus moment on the M6, and it was nothing to do with the move. :D

"I actually stand by what I say." indeed.  What a load of cobblers. You only pretended to when you lived here!

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Why did you use rmanx when you lived here and not now then?

Because I worked for a very well known person with a large war chest and a fondness for suing people into oblivion.

"I actually stand by what I say." indeed.  What a load of cobblers. You only pretended to when you lived here!

I had the same views then as I do now.  Except now I am willing and able to put my name to them.  But please, keep plugging away from behind your avatar.

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

Because I worked for a very well known person with a large war chest and a fondness for suing people into oblivion.

I had the same views then as I do now.  Except now I am willing and able to put my name to them.  But please, keep plugging away from behind your avatar.

But you weren't prepared to when you lived here. You had a valid reason for that which you have stated above but you no longer have that issue - and you no longer live here. Is it beyond your powers of intellect to comprehend that other people have equally valid reasons that are extant to use anonymity exactly as you did previously? Or should everybody do as you do?

13 minutes ago, woolley said:

It means just that, taking control of our borders. So for instance you can invite people to work from anywhere in the world but you can have your own visa system so that when the work ends so does their right to remain. Refugees have a different status which will continue. Agree about deportation failings, even in serious cases of criminal activity.

So just like now then.

"Government warned of 'disastrous' impact of Brexit on economy as immigration plummets"

Even the CBI says we are up shit creek:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-uk-immigration-workers-employment-2018-latest-updates-a8420781.html

Just a few more facts that a zealot can pin a "Project Fear" label on to which will then make everything better.....

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

So "taking back control of our borders" is all about what?  Did the vote for Brexit also confer that Ukrainians were a better form of immigrant than Polish, Greek or Hungarian?  Or is the argument about borders all BS and the UK will continue to allow economic migrants and refugee seekers in? 

Of course illegal immigration and people out staying visa's will still continue.  See the thing about illegal immigrants is that you can have them deported but the UK government just fails to do so.

they do deport a fair few- the problem is the cost due to eu regs.....

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

So just like now then.

"Government warned of 'disastrous' impact of Brexit on economy as immigration plummets"

yet productivity growth is the strongest since financial crisis due to a downturn of mass immigration......

your full of sh1t.......