So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

An unmitigated clusterfuck.

If all the UK political parties had bothered to take the time to explain in plain English what the consequences of leaving the EU might be, perhaps the vote might have been different.

Instead, they reverted to type & threw mud at each other sleepwalking their way into the abyss.

......... and we are leaving in eight months, deal or no deal with nobody to make it.

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

An unmitigated clusterfuck.

If all the UK political parties had bothered to take the time to explain in plain English what the consequences of leaving the EU might be, perhaps the vote might have been different.

Instead, they reverted to type & threw mud at each other sleepwalking their way into the abyss.

......... and we are leaving in eight months, deal or no deal with nobody to make it.

People did not want to know.

If they had wanted to know there was plenty of comment on Radio 4 and BBC World Service and on line all over the world...If they had looked.

All things "Europe" are "boring" and no one wanted to know...People have been bored with "Europe" for years. I would love to leave the EU but I don't think it is feasible for the current reasons being exposed..

However, if there is no agreement and we just crash out then we will all just have to get on with it.

David Davis himself did not "get it" for a long time that you cannot have trade deals with individual EU members it has to be as a union. How then can you expect the ordinary Joe in the street to get it?

Today Davis is saying that the EU will probably run the negotiations up to the last minute and then throw in an offer. This is possible. The Island's Protocol 3 I was told by Tynwald sources came about in much the same way in order to get the UK off the hook as regards what to do with the Crown Dependencies so as to get the UK into the "Common  Market". In those days there as both goodwill and intent. I am not sure now that there is much goodwill to draw upon. With the UK either out or placed in a non-voting non-influential position there will not be the drag anchor effect that Britain has had on ever closer union. 

I have long thought that the UK, if it did not crash out and lump it "tough titty" style, would end up with a big boy's version of Protocol 3 looking at the current position this looks very much like it.

I have tried explaining to people I know. They do not want to be told. However, they do admit that they do not really understand it but "We are out!".That is what matters to them. The main motive down on my manor is and remains immigration. Nothing else matters.

2 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Shambles. Tory meltdown imminent. Watch this space. 

My thoughts too.  More resignations, no confidence vote, general election, Jezza as PM.  Not entirely sure what I think will happen to Brexit - another referendum perhaps and the whole thing scrapped?

3 minutes ago, wrighty said:

My thoughts too.  More resignations, no confidence vote, general election, Jezza as PM.  Not entirely sure what I think will happen to Brexit - another referendum perhaps and the whole thing scrapped?

God only knows! The Conservatives are going to tear themselves apart and be in the wilderness for the forseeable, but I can't see Jeremy Corbyn getting voted in as PM. It's going to be messy. If I had to bet, I'd say Brexit ain't going to happen, but we'll be a poorer member for all that. 

6 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Probably the beat course of action. I'm not opposed the the idea of Brexit - the EU is shit, everyone knows that - but the complete lack of a half decent plan makes staying in the more attractive option.