So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

30 minutes ago, P.K. said:

A common cry on here by the brexit lot is that the EU parliament is undemocratic and the UK's voice doesn't get heard. Well, it is set up in a strange way.

The total number of MEP's is capped at 750. So every time a new country joins they play musical chairs. The maximum number of MEP's a country can have is 96. However there is also a minimum number a country can have which is 6. So you end up with a very strange demographic where Germany has 96 MEPs to serve a population of 82m and at the other end of the scale Malta has 6 MEPs to serve a population of 420,000. So the ratio is Germany 1 MEP per 850k citicens and Malta 1 MEP per 70k citizens or basically 12 to 1.

If it works, then fine. But it doesn't look very democratic....

If it was genuinely a free trade bloc without further aspirations it wouldn't need any of that, and few would object to it performing that function.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, woolley said:

If it was genuinely a free trade bloc without further aspirations it wouldn't need any of that, and few would object to it performing that function.

Something somewhere has to administer the bloc which was set up with a core principle to be open to all european applicants.

So I think your comment completely misses the raison d'etre.

Just now, P.K. said:

Something somewhere has to administer the bloc which was set up with a core principle to be open to all european applicants.

So I think your comment completely misses the raison d'etre.

You know that this is a nonsensical justification for the edifice that is the EU.

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

You know that this is a nonsensical justification for the edifice that is the EU.

Nope.

If I'm in the EU I want my country to be a part of the deciision making processes.

Simple as.

Some of those genuine Syrian asylum seekers were normal, middle-class families, some of them activists opposed to the Assad regime who retained assets outside of Syria. And not only Syrians, but Iraqis and Kurds, et al. 

So very possibly "bloody millions."

Then there's the Afghans and Paks, et al, some of whose 'assets' came through with them in kilos of Heroin, Methamphetamine, Opium and bullion.

9 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Forget your snowflake meltdown, this seems very much the Tory meltdown. How long we giving May, days, a week, a month?

take a look at twatter:lol: its the lefties and libdums that are in a state.....

doesn't matter how long she stays- she's powerless now.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, quilp said:

Some of those genuine Syrian asylum seekers were normal, middle-class families, some of them activists opposed to the Assad regime who retained assets outside of Syria. And not only Syrians, but Iraqis and Kurds, et al. 

So very possibly "bloody millions."

Then there's the Afghans and Paks, et al, some of whose 'assets' came through with them in kilos of Heroin, Methamphetamine, Opium and bullion.

And some were dirt poor with only the clothes they stood up in.

A wee bit back I pointed out the processes, the safeguards, the FACTS AND FIGURES of the true situation. Because I used to work in the system, despite the criminal opportunists, I know the UK is pretty well looked after.

• Thanks 1

The first article on my google search doesn’t mention Israel. Comparisons between different health systems is pretty subjective. I value the NHS more highly than the others in the article that I have experience of for what they don’t do. There is almost no incentive in the NHS to perform surgeries or prescribe medications that are not actually necessary. Also noticed that rich countries of East Asia and Western Europe come out top - which is no surprise - wealthy populations are generally healthy populations. 

http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-healthiest-countries-in-the-world-according-to-legatum-2018-2/#19-united-kingdom-britains-national-health-service-is-the-jewel-in-the-crown-of-the-british-welfare-state-offering-free-at-thepoint-of-access-care-for-all-citizens-the-nhs-is-a-constant-source-of-controversy-within-british-politics-but-still-ranks-as-one-of-the-best-healthcare-systems-on-the-planet-1

Edited by Freggyragh

11 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

The first article on my google search doesn’t mention Israel. Comparisons between different health systems is pretty subjective. I value the NHS more highly than others in the article that experience of for what they don’t do. There is almost no incentive in the NHS to perform surgeries or prescribe medications that are not actually necessary.

Yes it is pretty subjective.

It was discussed on here a week or so ago about how different models achieve different results over time.

But a big and growing problem in the NHS is folks turning up with dementia who have nowhere to go afterwards. Abandoned by all they just stay on the wards. 

The penalty of old folks living longer.

What's happening with EHIC? Be a real bugger to cut up that card......

Edited by P.K.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Life's too short to waste it following random nobodies on twitter.

talking a nobodies- its a good job tusk didn't start a twatter battle with trump just before trump has 7 hours stewing on a flight to europe.......

#oh

nato funding anyone......

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Yes it is pretty subjective.

It was discussed on here a week or so ago about how different models achieve different results over time.

But a big and growing problem in the NHS is folks turning up with dementia who have nowhere to go afterwards. Abandoned by all they just stay on the wards. 

The penalty of old folks living longer.

What's happening with EHIC? Be a real bugger to cut up that card......

costs the uk a fortune......