So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Sure but to liken the very democratic workings of the EU (eg all 27 have to agree to the UK so-called "deal") to the totalitarian state that WAS the USSR is clearly a complete and utter nonsense.

Farage, Gove and Johnson "peddled dishonesty on an industrial scale" is unfortunately an unassailable fact of the whole brexit farrago. As to Mark Carney lying every time the UK right-wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, pillory the man for doing his job it simply tells me that they wouldn't do it unless he was simply telling it like it is.

So if you're sure brexit is neccessary then what is the up side?

as above...

Edited by The Phat Tog
dupe

The City of London is the UK's most significant tax payer. The UK is the world's leading exporter of financial service (one of the reasons that the US will never do a deal including financial services).

The City is also the backbone of the UK economy in general. The man in the street should never have been given the opportunity to decide such important issues. 

Edited by pongo

6 minutes ago, pongo said:

Are you really so arrogant that you believe you know more about the economy than the former Chancellor and the governor of the Bank of England.

What are you qualifications and where did you go to university?

Just read what they said at the time of the vote, which pointedly did not happen.  My level of education has sod all to do with it.  They said what they said and were proven wrong.  End of.

• Like 1

Posting the same extended drivel 3 times does not make it any more right.

7 minutes ago, The Phat Tog said:

Just read what they said at the time of the vote, which pointedly did not happen.  My level of education has sod all to do with it.  They said what they said and were proven wrong.  End of.

They have not been shown to be wrong except perhaps in terms of timing. Which any analyst will tell you is also difficult. But make no mistake -  the economy is slowly tanking.

And people like you are going to be blamed for what has been done to Britain. We had the best deal possible - the absolute sweet spot. Total access to the markets whilst not being part of the single currency. Can you not understand how amazing that was?

Edited by pongo

19 minutes ago, The Phat Tog said:

My level of education has sod all to do with it.

So what is it then? What makes you so arrogant that you believe you know better than the former Chancellor and the Governor of the Bank. Why do you believe that you know better than them how the economy functions?

Or is that you are just prepared to take a punt on things being ok?

And let's be clear. The former Chancellor and the Governor were both Euro sceptics. Just not nihilists and ner-do-wells. It's the difference between sensible Eurosceptics and idiotic cynics.

Edited by pongo

3 hours ago, The Phat Tog said:

I genuinely do not believe in 'the project'.   You plainly don't believe the EU is heading towards being a totalitarian state.  I'm not so sure.  I can see more and more control being 'centralised' and once they have control of a country's budget (which I remind you Juncker has talked about) then you become irrevocably tied to them.  You ripped into me over the EUSSR thing and I know the leave side of the argument use it as perjorative term, but I can see comparisons.  One of which is that I can see the EU over-stretching itself in terms of the area and diversity of people it will try to control and I felt that it would ultimately fail, as all empires eventually do, long before there was any talk of a referendum.  If we leave in a controlled manner, then we will be better placed than other 'member states' if (when?) it does go belly up.  I accept that it's a leap of faith and there will be some bumps in the road but we should have a bit more belief in our country to make it without the EU.  I just wish the fuckwits leading the negotiations did...

Politically you probably have me down as a rabid right winger.  I'm not - I would consider myself politically homeless at the moment.  I voted conservative last time round for the first time in my life because the only choice was him, the Lib Dem guy (as you might expect I disagree with their stance on Europe) or Labour.  As long as Corbyn, Mc Donnell et al are running Labour then they will never get my vote.  They represent a far greater threat to the UK than any perceived outcome of Brexit ever will.

As for Mark Carney (and Osborne) they made some very profound statements about the horrors that would befall the UK immediately after the leave vote and were proven wrong - very wrong.  So perhaps he's brought the pillorying (is that a word?) on himself.

Anyway, it's been a tough day, I'm tired and I've still got a ton of stuff to do which needs finishing before I come back over to the rock in a fortnight, so I'll bid you a good evening.

Oh FFS!

Mark Carney says we're headed for a fall and the UK right-wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, brand him as a charlatan and diss him in every way they can to try and discredit what he's saying.

Liam Fox says we're headed for a fall and the UK right-wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, brand him as a hero amongst villains and try and diss the EU in every way they can to blame them for the complete and utter fuck-up we're headed for led by those like - Liam Fox.....

I asked you for an upside. Your best shot is leaving "in a controlled manner" whatever the fuck that is.

Not happening though, is it...?

12 hours ago, John Wright said:

Big bill. Which bit?

It gives powers to the UK which are currently ceded to the EU.

It doesn’t, and can’t, split current WTO deals between EU and other WTO members, that would be giving (taking back control/returning sovereignty to) Westminster powers not even the gammon unicornist brexiteers had wet dreams about. Wonder what the EU countries and the 100+ WTO members affected will say about May ( according to W2 ) purportedly legislating for them?

Vive i’Empire mk2.

And if Brexit shall last 1,000 years shall anyone say this was Rees-Mogg/Gove/Johnson/Davis/Woody2’s finest hour?

wto have already disclosed how the splitting of uk element from eu trq's will happen......

a child could do it.....

10 hours ago, pongo said:

And let's be clear. The former Chancellor and the Governor were both Euro sceptics. Just not nihilists and ner-do-wells. It's the difference between sensible Eurosceptics and idiotic cynics.

its the #fakenewsking.....

:lol:

any response on the #fakenews in regards to the bookshop....

have you watched the vid yet of the lefty union owned shop assistant assaulting people on a peaceful protest.....

bbc still reporting "around a dozen mask-wearing fascists"  when it turns out to be one autistic teen in a trump mask......

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, woody2 said:

its the #fakenewsking.....

:lol:

any response on the #fakenews in regards to the bookshop....

have you watched the vid yet of the lefty union owned shop assistant assaulting people on a peaceful protest.....

bbc still reporting "around a dozen mask-wearing fascists"  when it turns out to be one autistic teen in a trump mask......

BBC reporting that UKIP members were involved. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-45093339

Sad that people feel the need to attack anything because of their personal political leanings.

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

back in the real world- weak lefty anti democratic fascist liberal remoaners have attacked jrm's home and car......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-45082053

utter scum.....

Sad that people feel the need to attack anything because of their personal political leanings.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

BBC reporting that UKIP members were involved. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-45093339

yes- the bookshop member of staff should be arrested for assault......

if the #fakenewsking thinks that's bother he needs to get out more- playground stuff.....

a old mate (in his 60's)of mine was stabbed a few weeks ago.......

There has been press speculation that Mr Rees-Mogg, a leading Brexiteer, is planning to challenge Theresa May for the Conservative Party leadership.

How I hope it's his name that gets rubbished by history for this....

9 minutes ago, woody2 said:

yes- the bookshop member of staff should be arrested for assault......

I’ve only seen a couple of news reports on the incident and neither really detailed what is supposed to have occurred. I wouldn’t let political or personal views affect justice, they should be arrest and prosecute anyone involved there that committed a crime, like all crime it must be investigated neutrally and without bias on any side.

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

a old mate (in his 60's)of mine was stabbed a few weeks ago.......

Sorry to hear that, hope he is ok. What’s the context to this thread topic?