So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Tsk!

Woody2 only deals in #woodyfacts as any fule kno.....

PS - you had better tell the likes of Liam Fox and Marcus Fysh about the costs of trading with the US of A. They seem to be completely oblivious to the issues involved....

4 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Barry, I get that, hence my question to Woody. He claims it is cheaper to buy and import lettuce from the USA than from Spain. If that is true, surely the majority of lettuce sold in the UK would come from the USA?

You are my vehicle....I shamelessly used you!

Curiously the Daily Express for what it is worth is going on about an EU deal for the UK based on the existing Channel Island and Crown Dependency arrangements. ie As I have suggested on MF before the Big Boy's Edition of Protocol 3..

It was in its day a way of getting the UK into the EEC by sorting out the contrary Crown Dependency issue, was created at the last minute and got the UK off the hook. Now how about Son of Protocol 3 to ease the UK out of the EU and ever closer union? (Only to be offered at the very last minute)...We could then have our lettuces/cakes and eat them! Financial services though?

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

My father in law grows loads of veg, I don't think we've paid for a lettuce in years!

It gets me right here! Right here! I'll be watching a boxed set of "Watch with Mother" soon. "Rag tag and Bobtail, "Woodentops", "Bill and Ben the Flower Pot Men" Dads in battledress digging the garden, car battery charging under the kitchen table, hand washed laundry, wringers, hand made draught excluders under the doors, chilblains and the "Epilogue" on the Radio Rentals telly, 

1 minute ago, Barrie Stevens said:

It gets me right here! Right here! I'll be watching a boxed set of "Watch with Mother" soon. "Rag tag and Bobtail, "Woodentops", "Bill and Ben the Flower Pot Men" Dads in battledress digging the garden, car battery charging under the kitchen table, hand washed laundry, wringers, hand made draught excluders under the doors, chilblains and the "Epilogue" on the Radio Rentals telly, 

Er, ok, nurse, nurse, NURSE!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Barry, I get that, hence my question to Woody. He claims it is cheaper to buy and import lettuce from the USA than from Spain. If that is true, surely the majority of lettuce sold in the UK would come from the USA?

tesco boss said it....

you need to look at the full cost inc. transport......

2 hours ago, pongo said:

Really? So when you make a salad dressing, for example, what do you use?

Or do you consider a salad dressing to be some sort of modern pretension?

Sorry, I eat salads without 'dressing', perhaps you consider that  a  bit unsophisticated  but I prefer plain food,  from my vegetable/fruit  garden (or  locally grown when in season).

Just munching a home grown fig :),not a bad old life .

• Like 1