So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gettafa said:

I think it's shit when respected posters descend into continued silly bickering with other posters. Screws up the thread, the forum and plus it makes them look shit.

I would be interested in your definition of a "respected poster" or whatever.

The reason I ask is because Brexit is fast approaching and yet it's gone very very quiet on here. I'm wondering if the reason is that it's becoming more and more obvious that Brexit is a complete and utter shit sandwich...? 

Woolley, Quilp, Twinkle, The Phat Tog plus, of course, Woody2 (who he?) and others used to regale us all regularly with how Farage, Gove, Johnson, Fox, Rees-Mogg, Fysh, Raab etc etc _______________ (<- space for your own, favourite mendacious self-centered politician) were going to lead us all down the Yellow Brick Road to The Land Of Milk And Honey.

Maybe they've been hit by The Reality Bus ....?

I'm still here thank you.  Back from spending some time on The Rock and with a great deal to do, so I don't have much time for other stuff.  I guess people have just got tired on re-running the same argument over and over.  You won't convince me that your position is right and I know that I can't convince you that mine is, so we may as well leave it be.  I would have been happier if the negotiations with the EU had been handled by people other than a bunch of remainers but I can't control that.  As things have gone on I'm frankly more convinced that the EU is a deeply flawed and malign organisation that is ultimately destined to fail, which was pretty much how I felt two and a bit years ago. 

Stuff to be getting on with, so I'll leave you to it for now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Phat Tog said:

I'm still here thank you.  Back from spending some time on The Rock and with a great deal to do, so I don't have much time for other stuff.  I guess people have just got tired on re-running the same argument over and over.  You won't convince me that your position is right and I know that I can't convince you that mine is, so we may as well leave it be.  I would have been happier if the negotiations with the EU had been handled by people other than a bunch of remainers but I can't control that.  As things have gone on I'm frankly more convinced that the EU is a deeply flawed and malign organisation that is ultimately destined to fail, which was pretty much how I felt two and a bit years ago. 

Stuff to be getting on with, so I'll leave you to it for now.

Ah yes.

The time honoured  "They made their excuses and left"  scenario.

Don't blame you actually. Had I been a Brexit zealot I would feel the same way. However you have options. How about finding a stone to crawl under and then spending the next decade or two skulking under it?

It's looking ever more likely that the UK will crash out with no deal. Which leaves a question hanging in the air. Are Farage, Gove, Johnson, Fox, Rees-Mogg, Fysh, Raab really really mendacious or just stupid? Personally I think it's a mixture of the two. Johnson's impending divorce looks like clearing the decks for action....

Jason Hunter has been gainfully employed cutting WTO trade deals in The Far East for the likes of Japan, Hong Kong and so forth. Here he is explaining what will happen if the UK crashes out with no deal. This isn't "Project Fear" or any other label you try to hang on it to discredit him. This is how it is:

https://t.co/JBb2zxsGOe?amp=1

Just how fucking stupid are some people?

Looking forward to trading under WTF! rules as they will come to be known....

C’mon Woody - which parties are going to form the next Swedish government? Choose from:

Liberals

Moderates

Left

Green

Feminist Initiative

Christian Democrats 

Sweden Democrats

By the way, I’m guessing your conspiracy websites are bigging up the Sweden Democrats  - they’re the ones who started out as neo-nazis, but now hold ideas similar to the U.K. tories - they even have some euro-sceptics! What do you reckon, will the Sweden Democrats get under, or over 25% of the vote?

Edited by Freggyragh

7 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

A no deal itself is far from funny. It will be an effing disaster.

So here is the conundrum that deserves an answer:

Are Farage, Gove, Johnson, Fysh, Rees-Mogg, Fox, Raab etc etc mercenary mendacious self-serving scum who would deliberately severly damage the ecomomy of their own country for personal gain

or are they just really really stupid?