So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

UK wages rise faster than expected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45481485

"Wages saw faster than expected growth in the three months to July, as they continued to outstrip rising prices."

jobless numbers down...........again.....

"Unemployment continued to fall, dropping by 55,000 to 1.36 million, with the jobless rate remaining at 4%, its lowest level for over 40 years."

less eu scum coming claiming benefits.....

just another day in #exitland

:whistling:

Now THIS is funny: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45483679

"Boris Johnson and other leading Tory Brexiteers have attacked Theresa May's Brexit plan at an event putting the economic case for leaving the EU without an agreement on trade.

The Economists For Free Trade report said the UK had "nothing to fear" from a "clean break" from the EU and using World Trade Organisation rules.

This could give an £80bn boost to the tax base and cut prices by 8%, it said."

The "Economists For Free Trade" have, as an advisor, one Jacob Rees-Mogg!

MWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  HAAAAAAA........

The reality:

"At 11.01pm, UK time, on March 29, 2019, the UK becomes a ‘third country’ to all 163 other members of the WTO and everything that we currently sell becomes more expensive for our customers to buy around the world. This includes the 46% of our exports into the EU27 and the 54% that goes elsewhere. It has been stated by Brexiteers that this 54% is currently traded under WTO rules. This is true, but thanks to our EU membership we currently have 34 trade deals with blocs and individual countries that allow the UK to export under preferential terms.

These 34 deals cover 60 countries outside the EU, giving us 87 countries where UK manufacturers can sell effectively. Currently, these markets cover 90% plus of our exports. The moment the UK leaves the EU legally our access to these deals terminates and everything we sell becomes more expensive for our overseas customers to buy. If your product costs your customer £100 today, and post-Brexit, it has a 10%, 20% or even 30% tariff applied to it by the importing country, and there is a stack of new export paperwork that you and your customer has to fill in, you have to wonder why your international customers will continue to buy from you."

Read and be afraid. Be very afraid.....

There are currently 334,000 UK small and medium-sized enterprises trading inside the EU on a straightforward basis, which means it as easy to ship goods from Birmingham to Leeds, Liverpool or Newquay as it is to Lyon, Bratislava or Athens. After Brexit, every one of these companies must be prepared for the EU to treat the UK as a third country.

So, while your European customer must pay a higher price for your goods (or, perhaps, just go elsewhere), you will have to have your export documentation in order. That means: making sure you have your new Economic Operator Registration and Identification scheme (EORI) number; checking the International Commercial Terms (Incoterms) on all your contracts to show you are now and exporter and not a partner; and considering how you will submit export declarations – including whether to engage a customs broker, freight forwarder or logistics provider.

Businesses that want to do this last function themselves will need to acquire the appropriate software and secure the necessary authorisations from HMRC. And, of course, whether you engage a customs broker or acquire the appropriate software and authorisations from HMRC, it will come at a cost.

Oh, and you’ll probably want to ensure you’ve checked the tariff rate on all your different product types in all the various destination countries that you sell into. You also need to check if your products need an export licence on top of the new export declarations paperwork, make sure that you’ve submitted all the relevant forms before shipping your goods and check whether you need to pay the third country import duty before, or whether you are going to force your customers to pay the duty up-front.

This rough guide barely scrapes the surface of what is involved. If you would like more information on how to export, the government provides a raft of detailed information for you to get your head around on the gov.uk website. It is two years out of date at the time of writing, so good luck with that.

While online, you could also read the ‘Brexit preparedness notices’ published by the European Commission (ec.europa.eu/info/brexit/brexit-preparedness/preparedness-notices_en). And I would seriously urge every business person in the UK to do so.

If, having done so, you still think falling back on WTO terms is nothing to worry about, then read them again. Is your business safe from Brexit? Is your job safe? Are you sure?

8 hours ago, woody2 said:

less eu scum coming claiming benefits.....

Interesting Woody. By the way, as a percentage of out-of-work benefits recipients in the U.K. in the two years before the referendum how many were EEA* migrants? The percentage of EEA migrants in the total U.K. workforce was around 8% in 2016 - are you saying that EEA migrants were significantly more likely to be claiming out-of-work benefits than U.K. nationals? 

Also, are you saying all EU migrants are scum, or are you saying all out-of-work benefit recipients scum? Does it depend on the country you come from, or the benefit you are receiving? 

On 9/10/2018 at 1:59 PM, woody2 said:

next breaking news from pk in 6 months time.......

bonking boris caught bonking......

:lol:

interesting the remoans don't go after major for doing the same thing.....

major has egg on his face......

Yes, right bunch of hypocrites; how dare anyone criticise the fat lying oaf when the affair that the eighteen years retired John Major had with Edwina Currie thirty years ago is still fresh in our minds. 

8 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Interesting Woody. By the way, as a percentage of out-of-work benefits recipients in the U.K. in the two years before the referendum how many were EEA* migrants? The percentage of EEA migrants in the total U.K. workforce was around 8% in 2016 - are you saying that EEA migrants were significantly more likely to be claiming out-of-work benefits than U.K. nationals? 

Also, are you saying all EU migrants are scum, or are you saying all out-of-work benefit recipients scum? Does it depend on the country you come from, or the benefit you are receiving? 

which figures are you using for that......

14 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

@woody2 Did you have a nice holiday?  :)

just busy with work- because unlike you i can run a business.......

i did pop to the usa for a week, went to one of the top universities for a look....

i asked the guide why they had dogs at the entrances.....

he replied- "its a #snowflake dog for the students to be able to cope with life, they give them a hug":o he said "one dog died last week, the vet said due to stress........"

10 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

@woody2 I was only being nice.  Why the animosity?  Perhaps you should take a longer break from running a business as you sound very stressed and you should take care of your own well being.

i never get stressed.......

is that something you girly #snowflakes catch......

i see junckers at it again......

juncker.jpg.a632bed6cf5bd4cc1471ecc335fa9c7f.jpg

Well if you never experience stress then that is good for you.  I am afraid that stress is something that us mere mortals all experience from time to time whether that be due to work pressure or emergency situations.  Of course, I also know the difference between a healthy and normal experience of stress and the catch all phrase that is used to encompass a whole host of mental health problems.

I remember a colleague who laughed at people who were off work with "stress".  His mantra was that personal baggage should be left at the home and not brought into the workplace.  It was most unfortunate that his personal life was turned upside down (through no fault of his own), and he started to experience depression which then impacted on his work and ultimately led to him being signed off work with "stress".  But then I am sure he was just a #snowflake.

As for Brexit, we are still going around and around with the same old arguments.  Every day we creep closer leaving without a deal in place and that is the reality we all have to live with.  I see very little point in continuing with point scoring arguments, as the saying goes the proof of the pudding is in the eating.  

I just hope that you took something more from your US trip than the fact that some top US university apparently has a dog.

Apathy?  No.  For the benefit of everyone we must endeavour to make a success out of Brexit. 

Sadly our politicians are to busy bickering with each other rather than trying to conclude the exit smoothly.  Even the supposed opposition are engaged in other battles rather than trying to hold the Government to account. 

I agree there is no legal requirement for a deal  it it would be in everyone's interest to know where we stand come March next year. 

I am a cat person myself.   I find dogs to be over dependent on humans although I concede that they have a place as working animals.