So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Apathy?  No.  For the benefit of everyone we must endeavour to make a success out of Brexit. 

Sadly our politicians are to busy bickering with each other rather than trying to conclude the exit smoothly.  Even the supposed opposition are engaged in other battles rather than trying to hold the Government to account. 

I agree there is no legal requirement for a deal  it it would be in everyone's interest to know where we stand come March next year. 

I am a cat person myself.   I find dogs to be over dependent on humans although I concede that they have a place as working animals.  

a success will be getting as far away from the eu as possible.......

i see the eu are continuing to bully members.......

EU parliament votes to punish Hungary over 'breaches' of core values

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45498514

On 6/13/2018 at 5:44 PM, the stinking enigma said:

A new vote on scottish independance in the offing. Power to the people.

This was the point of this topic. 

The boundary commission now getting in on the act, it really is amazing the number of own goals the english govt keep scoring

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

a success will be getting as far away from the eu as possible.......

i see the eu are continuing to bully members.......

EU parliament votes to punish Hungary over 'breaches' of core values

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45498514

So if you join a club and then don't comply with the fundamental rules of the club that is ok?

If I joined a football club and brought out a hockey stick mid match that would be ok?

44 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

This was the point of this topic. 

The boundary commission now getting in on the act, it really is amazing the number of own goals the english govt keep scoring

the snp keep scoring....

oi salmond no means no......

lex.png.b3eabb099d1db8eeeae37410107f99b0.png

Edited by woody2

6 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

As for Brexit, we are still going around and around with the same old arguments.  Every day we creep closer leaving without a deal in place and that is the reality we all have to live with.  I see very little point in continuing with point scoring arguments, as the saying goes the proof of the pudding is in the eating.  

I don't agree with this.

The ground is shifting almost daily with the sheer fucking magnitude of the shit the UK will be in becoming more and more apparent as the days pass.

The outright lie that "we will just trade on WTO rules" is looking more and more catastrophic the more we get into it.

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I don't agree with this.

The ground is shifting almost daily with the sheer fucking magnitude of the shit the UK will be in becoming more and more apparent as the days pass.

The outright lie that "we will just trade on WTO rules" is looking more and more catastrophic the more we get into it.

countries that trade under wto with the eu have had 4 times the growth of the uk in the eu.......

fact.......

21 minutes ago, woody2 said:

countries that trade under wto with the eu have had 4 times the growth of the uk in the eu.......

fact.......

Fact check: All countries with an average growth over the last 10 years 4 or more times that of the U.K. (Avg. 1.1%) are very poor developing countries, except perhaps for China, Qatar and Turkey. The developed countries that had higher average growth than the U.K. were Singapore (4.0%), Malta (3.7%), Israel (3.4%), Ireland (3.3%), Poland (3.2%), Korea (3.2%), Australia (2.6%), Hong Kong (2.6%), Slovak Republic (2.4%), New Zealand (2.1%), Luxembourg (2.1%), Romania (2.1%), Bulgaria (1.8%), Iceland (1.7%), Sweden (1.6%), Canada (1.5%), United States (1.4%), Switzerland (1.3%), Czech Republic (1.3%), and Lithuania (1.2).

Ten out these twenty countries are in the EU. The others are all in trading blocks, except Switzerland which is in the Single Market, if not the customs union. Singapore is in ASEAN country and has stacks of free trade agreements, it’s EUSFTA agreement with the EU is already agreed and awaiting ratification. Israel has extensive FTAs, including the EUIAA with its biggest trading partner; the EU. South Korea is a member of APEC and has had an FTA with the EU  (EUSKFTA) in operation since 2011. Australia and New Zealand are members of both APEC and the Cairns Group, and are negotiating FTAs with their second largest trade partner; the EU, at the moment. Iceland is in EEA and the Single Market. Canada and the United States are in NAFTA, Canada has sorted a 98% FTA with the EU (CETA), the EU and US are committed to working towards a zero tariff agreement on non-auto goods (but not services, and without any compromise on food safety standards). Switzerland is effectively in the Single Market (but not the customs union). 

Going forward, all the UK has so far is a deal with six African countries that is just a rollover of the charity (mostly tariff free) deal the EU gave them anyway. It is a long, long way from the extensive free trade deals the EU already has, or is currently negotiating - deals that cover more than 90% of U.K. trade. But, yeah, blue passports ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the past 25 years, it said the UK had been "heavily outperformed" by countries outside the single market trading with the EU on WTO rules, such as the United States, India and China.

During that period, it said the aggregate export growth of WTO countries had been four times larger than the growth of UK exports into the single market.

:whistling:

When are the brexit lot going to take on board the fact that if we crash out we will not be trading on "WTO terms" because we will have NO TRADING ARRANGEMENTS WITH ANYONE! What a bunch of Gordons.

Just watched JRM explaining to a haulier that the UK can "streamline" customs checks at Folkestone and Dover. Unfortunately he didn't mention how or what then happens at places like Rotterdam. Also there will be a govt white paper on UK EU driving licenses that will be invalidated. No mention at all about other countries accepting them.

"Economical with the truth" just doesn't even get close....

Still, if they're thick enough you can fool some of the people all of the time (Lincoln?)