So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

7 minutes ago, woody2 said:

france has just extended the deal on the border.....  #fakenews

It is the opinion of the people I have talked to not the Government policy therefore it is not #fakenews.

Incidentally France has struggled for a long time with it's own identity and that of its overseas territories.  The one that jumps out if people of Algerian descent who were treated as second class for a long time. 

21 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

It is the opinion of the people I have talked to not the Government policy therefore it is not #fakenews.

Incidentally France has struggled for a long time with it's own identity and that of its overseas territories.  The one that jumps out if people of Algerian descent who were treated as second class for a long time. 

so why have they just extended the deal.......

:whistling:

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

so why have they just extended the deal.......

It is the opinion of the French nationals, who I know and have talked to about this subject, that the UK border should be moved back to the UK following Brexit.  To be absolutely clear I am sharing the views of the French people who I have spoken to and not that of the French Government.  

Working for a multinational and travelling to France means I do end up in discussions regarding Brexit and attitudes in France on a regular basis at the moment. 

52 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

It is the opinion of the French nationals, who I know and have talked to about this subject, that the UK border should be moved back to the UK following Brexit.  To be absolutely clear I am sharing the views of the French people who I have spoken to and not that of the French Government.  

Working for a multinational and travelling to France means I do end up in discussions regarding Brexit and attitudes in France on a regular basis at the moment. 

so #fakenews

and what about the french border in the uk.........

even the eu have ruled out using french ports to reach ireland.....

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

so #fakenews

and what about the french border in the uk.........

even the eu have ruled out using french ports to reach ireland.....

B+I Ferries and Brittany Ferries are disappointed, they’ve just invested several hundred millions in new super ferries to go between Cork and North West France and Spain.

And there’s lots of freight going those routes, but it’s still cheaper to go EU - UK -IRL.

And returning to the soft Irish Border, such is the “nuts” of supermarket logistics, that of the 48% of NI food production “exports” to mainland Britain that are routed via Dublin Holyhead and processed in UK, or delivered to UK distribution centres in the north west, 10% goes back on the next sailing to be retailed in the Republic.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

It’s a woodyfact

That's what I thought as I was under the impression that there were a few Ireland-France ferries...Thought I heard something on Today Radio 4 that some four new ferries are planned by Irish interests???. Also mentioned the Out and back Again route as described by JW...But I was sleepy and have given up on Brexit. I now look forward to interesting times as all sorts of new things happen. On the other hand TM with Chequers in tatters apparently did remind me of Danny Kaye song from the 1950s.

I don't really know why anyone was surprised by what happened in Salzburg...

The EU have been totally consistent in their stance and it was obvious to everyone that her proposals would be rejected.  The NI border needs to be properly addressed rather than all this talk of a magical technological solution.  I mean just look at what happens when the Government decides to invest in new IT technology...  Inevitably it runs over budget, gets delayed by years and if and when it finally materialises it hardly works.

I notice the value of the pound has fallen following her latest speech and now that the likelihood of a no deal Brexit has just increased.

I agree that plan was never going to work but I felt some showed a complete lack of respect for her on the international stage but I still feel a deal will be done and for the record if I was a Brit I would have voted to leave as will other countries in the next decade if there don’t reform and change in the EU.

• Like 1