So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

There are numerous aspects of the EU I do not personally like but that isn’t the point I raised. It is irrelevant whether anyone likes or dislikes them, the fact is that negotiations with them is a real thing.

Once more, I ask why would the EU even bother considering a submission from a party that is not in a position to implement what they put forward?

ask barmy- he had meetings with him......

may's and labours "plan" are basically the same......

they have turned down may- do you think the eu would say yes to labour.......

the eu's unelected anti- democratic dictators have said labours "plan" won't work........

5 hours ago, woody2 said:

what the unelected anti- democratic eu dictators.......

5 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Yes, the dastardly villainous EUSSR.

So W2 the election of Tusk, Barnier, Juncker etc etc by the European Parliament was all fabricated then.

Have you told Europol? If not you should pdq and be the hero of the hour!

Please don't tell me the moon landings were faked as well because I want so much to believe in Mr Gorsky!

20 hours ago, P.K. said:

So W2 the election of Tusk, Barnier, Juncker etc etc by the European Parliament was all fabricated then.

Have you told Europol? If not you should pdq and be the hero of the hour!

Please don't tell me the moon landings were faked as well because I want so much to believe in Mr Gorsky!

when did voters elect them dumbo.......

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 9:59 AM, mojomonkey said:

Once more, I ask why would the EU even bother considering a submission from a party that is not in a position to implement what they put forward?

Jeremy Corbyn heads to Brussels to meet EU's chief Brexit negotiator

https://www.manxradio.com/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-heads-to-brussels-to-meet-eus-chief-brexit-negotiator/

:whistling:

#sayingnothing

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Jeremy Corbyn heads to Brussels to meet EU's chief Brexit negotiator

https://www.manxradio.com/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-heads-to-brussels-to-meet-eus-chief-brexit-negotiator/

:whistling:

#sayingnothing

Not sure what the whistling is for. I never said it wasn't happening, I was only asking why would they bother. Seems pointless to me to meet with a party that has no ruling power.

12 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Not sure what the whistling is for. I never said it wasn't happening, I was only asking why would they bother. Seems pointless to me to meet with a party that has no ruling power.

because they're underhand unelected anti- democratic eu dictators......

they will be more than happy to undermine democracy......

they all have lived in a lefty undemocratic dictator driven life......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

because they're underhand unelected anti- democratic eu dictators......

they will be more than happy to undermine democracy......

they all have lived in a lefty undemocratic dictator driven life......

Grrrr, the absolute bastards. Damn them all, damn them all to hell!!!!!!!!!.............................................

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Last time I checked, our own UK House of Lords isn't elected either, but many seem to have forgotten that. They're underhanded, unelected, anti-democratic dictators, more than happy to undermine democracy while enjoying a paid kip on the red leather benches. 

afneil said a few weeks ago that some of them are?

but the house of lords aren't the rulers and the gov. can ignore the if it wants....

so not the same as the eu......

48 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Last time I checked, our own UK House of Lords isn't elected either, but many seem to have forgotten that. They're underhanded, unelected, anti-democratic dictators, more than happy to undermine democracy while enjoying a paid kip on the red leather benches. 

No they are not. The modern House of Lords is an artificial creation and has been reformed quite recently through the democratic process that created its modern form by way of the Parliament Acts of 1911 and 1949 and the House of Lords Act 1999.

These acts together but principally the first assert the supremacy of the Commons and remove the former right of most hereditary peers to sit in the Lords and potentially vote against legislation.

There are very few hereditary peers now (92). Most are life peers and the title dies when they do.

The Lords is intended to be a revising chamber or the nearest we have to a senate and in theory has members of some experience who can caution and/or encourage...But they certainly cannot stop the Government of the day. All they can do is hold things up a while and that power was given to them by the Commons which allegedly is a democratic organisation?

I grant you that the House of Lords has become a jobs for the boys and girls club with a nice little earner thrown in but in no way can the Lords exceed the limited powers granted to them via the House of Commons.

Most of them are there by a mixture of political appointment and award for merit and also got rid of from the Commons by being "kicked up stairs".../"bribed" to comply or take a fall in some way...

The Lords of today was created by a democracy to serve a democracy and is therefore democratic. Sadly, schools stopped teaching and running exams in British Constitution as a compulsory subject many years ago.

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The British Prime Minister is not elected either and neither are the Ministers and Privy Councillors and the Prime Minister has recourse to that overwhelming and crushing of powers, The Royal Prerogative. ie the powers formerly used by an absolute monarch. 

The most powerful figure in the UK is the Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Civil Service and last I looked holders of that office are not elected and yet they actually run the country with the politicians as the figureheads who are allowed to think that they run things.

The UK I think rather showed the EU how it should be done. 

• Thanks 1

We are about to become the first country in history to impose economic sanctions on ourselves. And still they bleat about ‘control’.....

UK appoints food supplies minister amid fears of no-deal Brexit

“There has been a level of naivety that people can stockpile food which is completely impossible", says one industry insider.

The government has appointed a minister to oversee the protection of food supplies through the Brexit process amid rising concerns about the effect of a no-deal departure from the European Union.

The MP David Rutley, a former Asda and PepsiCo executive, was handed the brief at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs earlier this month.

Defra said that Rutley, who once ran home shopping and e-commerce businesses at Asda, was merely taking on responsibilities already held by other ministers. He said: “It is an honour to join the Defra ministerial team at such an important time. I am determined to ensure that we fully realise the opportunities of leaving the EU.”

Food industry insiders welcomed his appointment after warnings that delays of only half an hour at UK ports and the Irish border would risk one in 10 British firms going bankrupt.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/26/uk-appoints-food-supplies-minister-amid-fears-of-no-deal-brexit?CMP=share_btn_tw

The more we get into the truth of what brexit actually involves the more the brexiteers' Unicorn comes across as a tired whitewashed old donkey with a dildo on it's head....

20 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

No they are not. The modern House of Lords is an artificial creation and has been reformed quite recently through the democratic process that created its modern form by way of the Parliament Acts of 1911 and 1949 and the House of Lords Act 1999.

These acts together but principally the first assert the supremacy of the Commons and remove the former right of most hereditary peers to sit in the Lords and potentially vote against legislation.

There are very few hereditary peers now (92). Most are life peers and the title dies when they do.

The Lords is intended to be a revising chamber or the nearest we have to a senate and in theory has members of some experience who can caution and/or encourage...But they certainly cannot stop the Government of the day. All they can do is hold things up a while and that power was given to them by the Commons which allegedly is a democratic organisation?

I grant you that the House of Lords has become a jobs for the boys and girls club with a nice little earner thrown in but in no way can the Lords exceed the limited powers granted to them via the House of Commons.

Most of them are there by a mixture of political appointment and award for merit and also got rid of from the Commons by being "kicked up stairs".../"bribed" to comply or take a fall in some way...

The Lords of today was created by a democracy to serve a democracy and is therefore democratic. Sadly, schools stopped teaching and running exams in British Constitution as a compulsory subject many years ago.

so are some now elected?

20 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

The British Prime Minister is not elected either and neither are the Ministers and Privy Councillors and the Prime Minister has recourse to that overwhelming and crushing of powers, The Royal Prerogative. ie the powers formerly used by an absolute monarch. 

The most powerful figure in the UK is the Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Civil Service and last I looked holders of that office are not elected and yet they actually run the country with the politicians as the figureheads who are allowed to think that they run things.

The UK I think rather showed the EU how it should be done. 

the pm is an elected mp....

unlike the eu dictators......