So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Looks like the U.K. will spend a generation paying for the benefits of EU membership as a rule taker and the only way out is to ditch Northern Ireland. The U.K. can vote itself out of any say in the EU, but can’t get Northern Ireland out of the Single Market, or deny recourse for NI citizens to the ECHR, without breaking an international treaty. No wonder Sinn Féin aren’t interested in a border poll, despite the demographics. Rumour has it that if the NI secretary calls for a border poll the republicans will vote to stay in the U.K. just for divilment. In a way, the irony is beautiful; a country that made its fortune from colonising others voting to ‘take back sovereignty’ ending up a colony themselves. I keep coming back to this thread to enjoy Woody’s posts - the most ardent of flag-waving lemmings determined to believe or make up anything to justify the dumbest idea of the last fifty years - safe in the knowledge that if the U.K. ever ‘leaves’ it will only be temporarily giving up its voice in the world and will be back in just as soon as it works out the empire is gone and never coming back. 

Edited by Freggyragh
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Looks like the U.K. will spend a generation paying for the benefits of EU membership as a rule taker and the only way out is to ditch Northern Ireland. The U.K. can vote itself out of any say in the EU, but can’t get Northern Ireland out of the Single Market, or deny recourse for NI citizens to the ECHR, without breaking an international treaty. No wonder Sinn Féin aren’t interested in a border poll, despite the demographics. Rumour has it that if the NI secretary calls for a border poll the republicans will vote to stay in the U.K. just for divilment. In a way, the irony is beautiful; a country that made its fortune from colonising others voting to ‘take back sovereignty’ ending up a colony themselves. I keep coming back to this thread to enjoy Woody’s posts - the most ardent of flag-waving lemmings determined to believe or make up anything to justify the dumbest idea of the last fifty years - safe in the knowledge that if the U.K. ever ‘leaves’ it will only be temporarily giving up its voice in the world and will be back in just as soon as it works out the empire is gone and never coming back. 

#nodeal job sorted.....

2 hours ago, pongo said:

Humble apologies. The headline story changed. Here is the updated link for you:

No-Deal Brexit Advice for Business: You Might Want to Leave

The UK govt is advising companies to move to the EU because of Brexit.

Thanks for helping to keep people properly informed Woody. 

pongo since your such an expert.....

how many eu se's based in the uk but do no trade in the uk will this effect........

:whistling:

On 10/12/2018 at 7:01 PM, Freggyragh said:

I keep coming back to this thread to enjoy Woody’s posts - the most ardent of flag-waving lemmings determined to believe or make up anything to justify the dumbest idea of the last fifty years - safe in the knowledge that if the U.K. ever ‘leaves’ it will only be temporarily giving up its voice in the world and will be back in just as soon as it works out the empire is gone and never coming back. 

Quite.

I keep trying to smoke out the rabid brexiteers, The Phat Tog, Twinkle, Quilp, Rog, Woolley etc etc but it seems that they've crawled under their stones and left Woody2 to carry the flag alone. Personally if I thought I had supported a bunch of racists intent on dragging the country over an economic cliff I would adopt a low profile as well.

Of course, they'll all play the "It's impossible to have a reasoned debate on here bollox bollox bollox" card but as it's becoming increasingly obvious that as ideas go it's probably worse than invading Poland they essentially have absolutely no positives to debate with.

I wonder how it will effect the TT cash cow? For lots of years Europeans have been able to travel freely with just their national ID card. From March they will probably need a passport to transition through the UK. I suspect many won't bother....

The more we get into the truth of what brexit actually involves the more the brexiteers' Unicorn comes across as a tired whitewashed old donkey with a dildo on it's head....

2 minutes ago, The Phat Tog said:

Two things:  As I said earlier in the thread, I'm very busy right now and secondly, your constant self righteous whining has become very tiresome.  Perhaps you could try being less obnoxious and rein in the insults a bit?  You may find people will be more ready to engage with you.

So just put me on "ignore".

Believe me I'm absolutely fine with it.

Got any Brexit positives worthy of debate?

Didn't think so...

ETA: The more we get into the truth of what brexit actually involves the more the brexiteers' Unicorn comes across as a tired whitewashed old donkey with a dildo on it's head....

Edited by P.K.

I am also busy with important things. You're being ignored (but not on 'ignore') because you are a whining, self-referential and obnoxious twit. There is little point in debating with you. I find your constant Private Eye-speak a weak parody which is very revealing.

You disgust me... 

Brexit is stupid, and it is a total mess. I’m not in the least surprised those who thought it was the best thing since sliced bread have suddenly got better things to do than discuss it. I don’t blame them either. Yes, if there’s a no deal exit the UK’s economy, currency and world standing will take a huge hit. Worse than invading Poland though? Have another think about that PK. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, quilp said:

I am also busy with important things. You're being ignored (but not on 'ignore') because you are a whining, self-referential and obnoxious twit. There is little point in debating with you. I find your constant Private Eye-speak a weak parody which is very revealing.

You disgust me... 

So no brexit positives then.

Why am I not surprised.

Keep sucking those lemons...

Twat.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I lean more PKs way in that I think that brexit is stupid and a total mess, but have to say he's getting more and more hysterical by the day. I have no idea why he seems to hate quilp so much.

I don't hate him at all.

In fact, in the past I've made positive moves to meet him face to face. Although I can't help thinking that he would find it rather difficult. Because I'm not remotely how he likes to potray me on here. As those who know me IRL would attest to. I'm really looking forward to the Port Erin fireworks.

Who else is headed there?

9 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Brexit is stupid, and it is a total mess. I’m not in the least surprised those who thought it was the best thing since sliced bread have suddenly got better things to do than discuss it. I don’t blame them either. Yes, if there’s a no deal exit the UK’s economy, currency and world standing will take a huge hit. Worse than invading Poland though? Have another think about that PK. 

leaving the eu is the best thing to happen to the uk in 45 years......

interestingly the major countries outside the eu have done vastly better with wto rules than those in the eu......

the remoans are to blame for the outcome as may and oily olly are in charge while living in a bunker.......

reports in a german newspaper say a deal has been done.......