So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Just as an example of what happens when demographics change due to one side outbreeding the other, the Unionists in Northern Ireland only just maintained their majority by 1 seat in the election just held.

Next election Sinn Fein will be in power. And that doesn't bode well.

Next election Sinn Fein will be in power. And that doesn't bode well.

Why doesn't it bode well? They've shown themselves to be serious, effective and conscientious in government.

I finished my sentence too early. "Doesn't bode well for Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

As for Albert regarding the Scottish independence, they're fucked financially. Absolutely fucked.

But not as fucked as Scotland...................

Not necessarily. Edinburgh inside the EU would be a viable place for much of the City to relocate post Brexit. Especially perhaps the interrnational insurance industry much of which is based in London. The City is the UK's largest tax payer.

I'm not sure that a majority either in Little England or Great Britain now care enough about the UK for it to survive.

"Edinburgh inside the EU would be a viable place for much of the City to relocate post Brexit." ... Why? I had this same argument regarding the first independence vote and thought the same thing. It doesn't make any sense for them to go to a country that has no money, with tax laws that wouldn't be as beneficial like Londons were, where the weather is atrocious, crappy infrastructure, and there are poor links to Europe. If they want to relocate inside the EU they would go anywhere but there.

Not that it matters, the majority of Scottish are British and would like to remain so, which is grand.

Edited by Tarne
  • Like 1

"Edinburgh inside the EU would be a viable place for much of the City to relocate post Brexit." ... Why? I had this same argument regarding the first independence vote and thought the same thing. It doesn't make any sense for them to go to a country that has no money, with tax laws that wouldn't be as beneficial like Londons were, where the weather is atrocious, crappy infrastructure, and there are poor links to Europe. If they want to relocate inside the EU they would go anywhere but there.

Not that it matters, the majority of Scottish are British and would like to remain so, which is grand.

It is an interesting one. I don't believe that major financial institutions would relocate to Scotland but as you'll be aware Scotland voted heavily in favour of remaining in the EU. It would be interesting to see what effect that would have on a fresh Scottish independence vote. Personally, I would not like to see the UK split but pressure is undoubtably building.

n.i. leaving would save a fortunethumbsup.gif as for scotland, even the immigrants won't move up there.scotland isn't a member of the eu and not one eu leader has backed its membership, they don't want another greece

as for all these banking jobs, it only effects domestic banking, 2000 low paid jobs may move but between 75000 to a 100000 jobs in the eu would have to move to the uk. its a massive bonus, sadly the lefty media never mention the positives.....