So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

I've read that .pdf  that JW linked twice now.

It's hard to argue against most of it although one or two of the parallels he draws are a bit daft.

It's very sobering yet the faithful will do anything to get this over the line no matter what the consequences.

"and? Even if that is true it does not alter what I said. Rightly or wrongly the EU does not have a responsibility to actually do anything. The ball is firmly in the UK's court, what they do with it is up to them."

8 hours ago, woody2 said:

it does.....

You sound like David Davis.

He was on the Beeb the other day dripping and moaning that after we give them the divorce payment they are not obliged to give us a deal or anything.

The irony of what he was saying clearly escaped him to wit:

THAT is the brexit YOU voted for you twat!

Of course, the more he complained about it the sillier he looked.

The EU are not obliged to give us anything. We opted to leave them, not the other way around.

You reap what you sow....

I just pray there's a deal. When a highly experienced trade negotiator says that crashing out will be "catastrophic" for the UK I believe them.

Because it will be....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, P.K. said:

I just pray there's a deal. When a highly experienced trade negotiator says that crashing out will be "catastrophic" for the UK I believe them.

Because it will be....

they said the same when the usa refused to do a deal with eu.....

the usa has gone from strength to strength.......

they said the same when the uk didn't join the euro.....

let's not forget you supported nick clegg......:lol:

13 hours ago, pongo said:

I suppose it would be about finding out what sort of person they are. Whether they fit. And you could typically get a clue what they are like from the style of their answer. Not whether they are for or against per se - but for their reasons.

if they voted remoan they're a loser.......

:lol:

who gives a duck how people vote.....

as long as they can do the job it doesn't it matter......

Wage growth strongest for nearly a decade

Pay packets rose by an average of 3.1% in the three months to August, the fastest pace for nearly a decade, according to official figures.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) also said unemployment fell by 47,000 to 1.36 million while the unemployment rate remained at a 43-year low of 4%.

Pay growth - excluding bonuses - was up from 2.9% the month before.

It has not been as strong as 3.1% since the three months to January 2009 and has not been greater since 2008.

#exitland

2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

remoans can't even do that right.....

I know, those bloody remoans with their poncey fruit teas and too much sugar. Grrrrr, they make me sick.................

4 minutes ago, woody2 said:

when does merkel start building her wall......

No idea, have you tried asking her?

4 hours ago, woody2 said:

they said the same when the usa refused to do a deal with eu.....

the usa has gone from strength to strength.......

they said the same when the uk didn't join the euro.....

let's not forget you supported nick clegg......:lol:

None of which has anything whatever to do with brexit.

So you know better than a highly experienced international trade negotiator.

So Woody2, how did you gain all that knowledge? You know, which international trade deals have you been instrumental in?

Come on, don't be shy, it just doesn't become you....

On 10/15/2018 at 8:25 AM, woody2 said:

taking back control......

On 10/15/2018 at 9:13 AM, John Wright said:

Of what, though?

On 10/15/2018 at 10:05 AM, woody2 said:

everything.....

On 10/15/2018 at 11:08 AM, John Wright said:

Specifically what of everything that we couldn’t do before?

And answer came there none.

This "taking back control" and "sovereignty" was a central plank of the whole brexit nonsense and probably the one with the most falsehoods hung on it to get the required majority.

Remember Nigel Farage claiming that 75% of UK law was made in Brussels? Well, the rabid right-wingers of the UK press, which is to say pretty much all of it, naturally fell in line behind this complete and utter fabrication. For example the Barclay brothers supported the idea wholeheartedly with this puff piece:

"Two thirds of Britain's laws 'made or influenced by EU!'

"Business for Britain says more power must given back to Parliament amid concerns that EU red tape is strangling companies"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/11443085/Two-thirds-of-Britains-laws-made-or-influenced-by-EU.html

Since the Maastricht Treaty up to 2014 the Sovereign Parliament of the UK passed 945 Acts of Law of which 231 implemented EU trading obligations. Over the same period  the Sovereign Parliament of the UK passed 33,160  Statutory Instruments (secondary legislation) which also implemented 4,283 EU trading obligations.

So out of a total of 34,105 pieces of legislation 4,514 were about adhering to EU trading regulations as a member of the bloc.

That's not 75%. 

It's just 13%.

It's not as if the UK was coerced into passing any of this legislation either!

So the "taking back control" of 75% of our legislation was just more brexit lies for the simple-minded.

Before any brexiteers cry "foul!" the figures were produced by the HoC Library.

"Taking back control" - you're having a laugh....!

The more we get into the truth of what brexit actually involves the more the brexiteers' Unicorn comes across as a tired whitewashed old donkey with a dildo on it's head....

Edited by P.K.