So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

On 10/14/2018 at 4:11 PM, woody2 said:

no usa like you claimed....

and when you look at some of these they contain very little....

japan is interesting (which you have gone on about before) upto 5 years still to go to get approval then 7 years implementation....

taking it to around 2030 (give or take a year) and the final outcome still isn't known.......

shows how shit the eu is at doing deals.......

I didn’t claim the EU has a complete FTA with the US. Weaker trading blocks have FTAs with the US on US terms, but the EU doesn’t and probably won’t as long as the US insists on its low food safety standards, continues subsiding certain industries and protecting others with tariffs announced by Twitter. Nevertheless, the EU and US have dozens of industry specific deals and trade between the two is massive (with the EU coming out $100B p.a.ahead), with average tariffs at 1.5% for imports from the EU to the US, and 1.9% for trade the other way. Britain would have to plead for deals from scratch, with WTO tariffs wiping out profits and investment for as long as it takes to make deals. Imagine David Davis in such a desperate situation and trying to negotiate with the US.

The countries on the list, plus the non-comprehensive deals with the US, China, Australia and others mean that almost all British products can currently be exported to just about any country that isn’t under sanctions or an embargo just about tariff free. You want to replace that with whatever agreements can be cobbled together by Davis and Fox? Just think about that for a minute. 

8 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I didn’t claim the EU has a complete FTA with the US. Weaker trading blocks have FTAs with the US on US terms, but the EU doesn’t and probably won’t as long as the US insists on its low food safety standards, continues subsiding certain industries and protecting others with tariffs announced by Twitter. Nevertheless, the EU and US have dozens of industry specific deals and trade between the two is massive (with the EU coming out $100B p.a.ahead), with average tariffs at 1.5% for imports from the EU to the US, and 1.9% for trade the other way. Britain would have to plead for deals from scratch, with WTO tariffs wiping out profits and investment for as long as it takes to make deals. Imagine David Davis in such a desperate situation and trying to negotiate with the US.

The countries on the list, plus the non-comprehensive deals with the US, China, Australia and others mean that almost all British products can currently be exported to just about any country that isn’t under sanctions or an embargo just about tariff free. You want to replace that with whatever agreements can be cobbled together by Davis and Fox? Just think about that for a minute. 

oh yes you did......

one reason the deal fell apart was because barmy wanted the eu courts to overrule the usa's.......

barmy is delusional......

the china deal hasn't even started.......

18 minutes ago, woody2 said:

we won't be using the euro.......

You mean the Euro will not be legal tender. Down on my manor people some of them will trade in Euros. You can use what you like. Down on my manor a Roman temple was discovered during building work. Thousands of Roman coins used in votive offerings to the gods came up out of the ground. The "Pats" had a wonderful time buying Guinness with handfuls of these coins although someone somewhere would have had to do a currency conversion! 

16 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I'd rather be like a Brexiter and not think about it at all.....

The Maybot is headed into a shitstorm over the next couple of days where she will try and gather up some crumbs of comfort from the EU table.

I find where we are right now difficult to believe. I thought that Spitting Image had John Major absolutely nailed. Mind you Edwina Curry!!!??? Dubious taste but courage never goes out of fashion I suppose. Anyway John Major and team came away from "The Maastricht Treaty" with an absolutely storming deal. Full access to the single market and not in the single currency! They probably couldn't believe their luck.

The best of ALL worlds.

But it seems we are going to throw all that away because a group of sleazy, self-centered politicians motivated the racists and promised the world to the gullible.

As a country we must be the laughing stock.

This John Major:

"I understand the motives of those who voted to leave the European Union: it can – as I well know – be very frustrating. Nonetheless, after weighing its frustrations and opportunities, there is no doubt in my own mind that our decision is a colossal misjudgment that will diminish both the UK and the EU. It will damage our national and personal wealth, and may seriously hamper our future security. It may even, over time, break up our United Kingdom. It will most definitely limit the prospects of our young.

And – once this becomes clear – I believe those who promised what will never be delivered will have much to answer for. They persuaded a deceived population to vote to be weaker and poorer. That will never be forgotten – nor forgiven."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/16/false-promises-brexit-john-major

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, woody2 said:

oh yes you did......

one reason the deal fell apart was because barmy wanted the eu courts to overrule the usa's.......

barmy is delusional......

the china deal hasn't even started.......

Care to let us know what it is the U.K., as a member of the EU can’t export to the US or China that it will when it’s negotiating on its own. One product will do.