So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

I have seen reports that the USA and another country are trying to block the UK entering the WTO as an individual country.  Does anyone have information on that and what the implications would be?  In searching for the source of that I also found reports that the USA is considering leaving the WTO which would leave it "toothless".  That is the first time I have seen those reports but suppose it fits the America First politics of Trump.

On the subject of rising violence the below might be of some interest;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/brexit-hate-crime-eu-citizens-xenophobia-racism-police-bracing-march-2019-article-50-a8590921.html

Obviously it is very difficult to calculate what the impact of Brexit has been on all this but in my view it does seem to have given the radicals the idea that they are welcome to commit offences targeted as certain groups. 

5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/brexit-hate-crime-eu-citizens-xenophobia-racism-police-bracing-march-2019-article-50-a8590921.html

Obviously it is very difficult to calculate what the impact of Brexit has been on all this but in my view it does seem to have given the radicals violent racist thugs the idea that they are welcome to commit offences targeted as certain groups. 

Edited for accuracy.

Talking of racists Tommy Robinson will appear at The Old Bailey 23rd next week.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I have seen reports that the USA and another country are trying to block the UK entering the WTO as an individual country.  Does anyone have information on that and what the implications would be?  In searching for the source of that I also found reports that the USA is considering leaving the WTO which would leave it "toothless".  That is the first time I have seen those reports but suppose it fits the America First politics of Trump.

Obviously it is very difficult to calculate what the impact of Brexit has been on all this but in my view it does seem to have given the radicals the idea that they are welcome to commit offences targeted as certain groups. 

uk is already a member.....

#fakenews

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

clearly your not bothered by this......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45918845

#multiculturalism

In this case I seem to recall that you supported the tit that nearly caused a mistrial. Im starting to see a pattern of you supporting things you haven’t through and then getting all upset and tearful when your cretinism causes the exact opposite of what you really wanted. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

In this case I seem to recall that you supported the tit that nearly caused a mistrial. Im starting to see a pattern of you supporting things you haven’t through and then getting all upset and tearful when your cretinism causes the exact opposite of what you really wanted. 

no i didn't- once the reason why reporting restrictions had been put in place......

5 hours ago, woody2 said:

come on you know all about the wto and tariffs......

#not

Says the poster who thought that WTO tariffs on  the UK importing Irish cheese would "make the tinkers pay"....?

In a way the fact that Woody2 has been left to do the honours unsupported by all the rabid brexiteers on here speaks volumes about the veracity of their case?

Of course, they're all too busy etc etc etc....

Yeah. Right....

The point is, Woody doesn’t know how much trade with the US is done with scheduled WTO tariffs and how much is WTO rules only. I think he assumes the U.K. will be able to roll over a proportional share of the EU tariff, but that’s a topic he finds deeply confusing.

As it is, on average the US puts 1.5% on EU goods, but as a bigger market the EU is able to put, on average, a slightly higher tariff on US goods (1.9%). So the U.K. has excellent trade with the US as it is, without the US dictating terms (such as food safety). I think Woody is convinced the US will offer the same terms to the U.K. after Brexit as exists now. The reality is that the U.K. will have to cobble together some schedules before leaving, otherwise minimum non-schedule tariffs apply, which will kill U.K. exports to the US stone dead. The US (and every other jurisdiction) knows the U.K. is desperate, and as everyone who’s ever done business knows, that means a severe shafting - or, as Woody calls it; ‘sovereignty’.

• Like 1