So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

Says the poster who thought that WTO tariffs on  the UK importing Irish cheese would "make the tinkers pay"....?

In a way the fact that Woody2 has been left to do the honours unsupported by all the rabid brexiteers on here speaks volumes about the veracity of their case?

Of course, they're all too busy etc etc etc....

Yeah. Right....

it will......

i see even your mate clegg has managed to get a job......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

The point is, Woody doesn’t know how much trade with the US is done with scheduled WTO tariffs and how much is WTO rules only. I think he assumes the U.K. will be able to roll over a proportional share of the EU tariff, but that’s a topic he finds deeply confusing.

As it is, on average the US puts 1.5% on EU goods, but as a bigger market the EU is able to put, on average, a slightly higher tariff on US goods (1.9%). So the U.K. has excellent trade with the US as it is, without the US dictating terms (such as food safety). I think Woody is convinced the US will offer the same terms to the U.K. after Brexit as exists now. The reality is that the U.K. will have to cobble together some schedules before leaving, otherwise minimum non-schedule tariffs apply, which will kill U.K. exports to the US stone dead. The US (and every other jurisdiction) knows the U.K. is desperate, and as everyone who’s ever done business knows, that means a severe shafting - or, as Woody calls it; ‘sovereignty’.

your miles out.....

10 hours ago, P.K. said:

Says the poster who thought that WTO tariffs on  the UK importing Irish cheese would "make the tinkers pay"....?

In a way the fact that Woody2 has been left to do the honours unsupported by all the rabid brexiteers on here speaks volumes about the veracity of their case?

Of course, they're all too busy etc etc etc....

Yeah. Right....

Are you so self important that you can't imagine anyone would have something more important or more enjoyable to do than butt heads with you on a forum?  Your side lost.  Deal with it.  I'm off out into the hills to walk my dog, which is more important and enjoyable. 

• Like 1

This made me smile:

On 10/20/2018 at 11:07 AM, The Phat Tog said:

Are you so self important that you can't imagine anyone would have something more important or more enjoyable to do than butt heads with you on a forum?  Your side lost.  Deal with it.  I'm off out into the hills to walk my dog, which is more important and enjoyable. 

Walking your dog in the hills on a day like this is hard to beat. I miss my Border.

But really "anyone would have something more important or more enjoyable to do than butt heads with you on a forum" with what exactly? All the Brexiters have to bring to the "debate" is a string of lies, half-truths and false promises. I mean, what could you possibly do other than try and promote some vague trading utopia that exists only in the fevered imaginations of the brexit zealots?

The facts of the matter are that the UK had the best possible deal in the best trading bloc on the planet.

The brexiteers are going to flush that down the toilet because they think it will get shot of Johnny Foreigner. What a joke THAT is!

"According to the government’s latest review on immigration, by the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), immigrants contribute more to the public purse on average than native-born Britons do. Moreover, European newcomers are the most lucrative group among them. The MAC reckons that each additional migrant from the European Economic Area (EEA) will make a total contribution to the public purse of approximately £78,000 over his or her lifetime (in 2017 prices). Last year, the average adult migrant from the EEA yielded £2,370 more for the Treasury than the average British-born adult did."

In the last year there have been 277,000 non-EU folks coming to the UK. Also 101,000 EU citizens which is down on previous years due, of course, to brexit uncertainty. Before the brexit-blinded play the "Migrants forced on us by the EU" nonsensical card just 21,666 were refugees seeking asylum. That's about 5% of the total. The others are work-placements and those here to study etc etc. Of the refugees seeking asylum 15,430 had their applications refused and were returned. Which is around the 70% mark. So the number of refugees settling in the UK is about 6,000 out of a total of 378,000 folks coming here. Basically naff-all.

Ironically it seems that the shortage of EU workers has meant more non-EU migrants coming here. What a fucking HOOT that is!

So already "Brexit" is discouraging EU workers from coming here. EU workers who contribute more to UK society than non-EU migrants and a lot of the indigenous population.

So "Taking back control of our borders" actually means having to take in more folks who will contribute less to the UK than the EU workers do.

Yep, great plan Brexiteers. You must be so proud.

The facts of the matter are that the UK had the best possible deal in the best trading bloc on the planet.

Just how thick are some people.....?

Edited by P.K.
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

This made me smile:

Walking your dog in the hills on a day like this is hard to beat. I miss my Border.

But really "anyone would have something more important or more enjoyable to do than butt heads with you on a forum" with what exactly? All the Brexiters have to bring to the "debate" is a string of lies, half-truths and false promises. I mean, what could you possibly do other than try and promote some vague trading utopia that exists only in the fevered imaginations of the brexit zealots?

The brexiteers are going to flush that down the toilet because they think it will get shot of Johnny Foreigner. What a joke THAT is!

"According to the government’s latest review on immigration, by the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), immigrants contribute more to the public purse on average than native-born Britons do. Moreover, European newcomers are the most lucrative group among them. The MAC reckons that each additional migrant from the European Economic Area (EEA) will make a total contribution to the public purse of approximately £78,000 over his or her lifetime (in 2017 prices). Last year, the average adult migrant from the EEA yielded £2,370 more for the Treasury than the average British-born adult did."

In the last year there have been 277,000 non-EU folks coming to the UK. Also 101,000 EU citizens which is down on previous years due, of course, to brexit uncertainty. Before the brexit-blinded play the "Migrants forced on us by the EU" nonsensical card just 21,666 were refugees seeking asylum. That's about 5% of the total. The others are work-placements and those here to study etc etc. Of the refugees seeking asylum 15,430 had their applications refused and were returned. Which is around the 70% mark. So the number of refugees settling in the UK is about 6,000 out of a total of 378,000 folks coming here. Basically naff-all.

Ironically it seems that the shortage of EU workers has meant more non-EU migrants coming here. What a fucking HOOT that is!

So already "Brexit" is discouraging EU workers from coming here. EU workers who contribute more to UK society than non-EU migrants and a lot of the indigenous population.

So "Taking back control of our borders" actually means having to take in more folks who will contribute less to the UK than the EU workers do.

Yep, great plan Brexiteers. You must be so proud.

Twats....

#fakenews

The more we get into the truth of what brexit actually involves the more the brexiteers' Unicorn comes across as a tired whitewashed old donkey with a dildo on it's head....

• Haha 1