So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

20 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I've been to the former Bass brewery in Tadcaster and the Sam Smiths one. Saw a marmite tanker there. I can't find any evidence of Carlsberg ever being brewed in Tadcaster. Carling is, and Grolsch, Fosters, Coors lite,  (all Tower brewery - Coors fomerlly Bass), John Smiths, Kroneberg , Amstel, Newky Brown (John Smiths Bewery - Heineken) and Samuel Smiths beers (independent) ,but no Carlsberg. 

I forget the technical name but the dregs from the brewing process are used to make marmite.  They are also fed to cattle.  

24 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I've been to the former Bass brewery in Tadcaster and the Sam Smiths one. Saw a marmite tanker there. I can't find any evidence of Carlsberg ever being brewed in Tadcaster. Carling is, and Grolsch, Fosters, Coors lite,  (all Tower brewery - Coors fomerlly Bass), John Smiths, Kroneberg , Amstel, Newky Brown (John Smiths Bewery - Heineken) and Samuel Smiths beers (independent) ,but no Carlsberg

carlsberg bottling plant is/was at tad......

:whistling:

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Is it? Was it? Not in Northampton next to their brewery then? They had one in Leeds as mentioned by Mojo but it was sold. You seem to be making stuff up again.

1961 the plant opened....

last time i went past john smiths had a big duckoff carlsberg sign and a lorry park full of carlsberg trailers......

still:rolleyes: you saw nothing......

35 minutes ago, woody2 said:

1961 the plant opened....

last time i went past john smiths had a big duckoff carlsberg sign and a lorry park full of carlsberg trailers......

still:rolleyes: you saw nothing......

Strange, Heineken owns John Smiths not Carlsberg. But if that's what you saw then that's what you saw.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I've been to the former Bass brewery in Tadcaster and the Sam Smiths one. Saw a marmite tanker there. I can't find any evidence of Carlsberg ever being brewed in Tadcaster. Carling is, and Grolsch, Fosters, Coors lite,  (all Tower brewery - Coors fomerlly Bass), John Smiths, Kroneberg , Amstel, Newky Brown (John Smiths Bewery - Heineken) and Samuel Smiths beers (independent) ,but no Carlsberg. 

The Sam Smiths one !!!???

Tsk!

A quality story.

When the original Smith moved on to the great brewery in the sky it was left to the brothers.

They had a disagreement. So now in Taddy you have two breweries. John Smith produces a pint of piss. Sam  Smith produces OBB, Museum etc etc.

The Angel and White Horse still has the original stables with dray horses still fed on the brewery mash. Who cares what a John Smiths pub has?

Dear me...

Edited by P.K.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Ouch. I don’t think Woody is going to understand this somehow, and if he does he’ll be claiming that trading on worse terms is actually better than the deals we have now. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deal-wto-liam-fox-no-deal-international-trade-a8603811.html

uk already trades under wto dumbo.....

• Haha 1