So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

54 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Its as divisive as Thatcher and just as toxic it would seem.

After a while the constant personal insults and the imaginary personas based on zero personal experience get very tiresome...

Given nobody knows what’s going to happen, I find it strange that people who have zero input on the outcome get so worked up.

• Thanks 1

Given nobody knows what’s going to happen, 

Yeah but the warnings get ever louder by the day and we ignore them (perhaps because they don't agree with our initial stance) at our peril. 

Standard & Poors this morning?  We really can't just continue to keep saying fake news/project fear/any other old bollox to make us feel better. Reality will bite whatever we say.

I find it strange that people who have zero input on the outcome get so worked up.

Eh? So say nothing? Really?

• Like 1

We do know that:

U.K. passport holders will not be able to live and work in other countries as freely as they can now.

UK companies will not be able to trade as easily in the world as they do now. 

UK institutions will not be able to exchange knowledge as easily with other European countries as they do now. 

UK experts will no longer be employed to set the rules and standards of the world’s largest single market. 

The UK civil service, government, meps and electorate will have no long have any say in the future direction of the EU. 

Regions and institutions will no longer have access to development grants.

The U.K. has to vastly increase the size of the civil service, and train and maintain it. As well as  recruit and train an army of healthcare professionals, seasonal agricultural workers, tradesmen and hotel and food industry staff.

On the other hand, 

Leaving means a saving of a disputed amount  in fees. 

But that seems to be it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

Yeah but the warnings get ever louder by the day and we ignore them (perhaps because they don't agree with our initial stance) at our peril. 

Standard & Poors this morning?  We really can't just continue to keep saying fake news/project fear/any other old bollox to make us feel better. Reality will bite whatever we say.

Eh? So say nothing? Really?

#fakenews

growth is up again.....

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

We do know that:

U.K. passport holders will not be able to live and work in other countries as freely as they can now.

UK companies will not be able to trade as easily in the world as they do now. 

UK institutions will not be able to exchange knowledge as easily with other European countries as they do now. 

UK experts will no longer be employed to set the rules and standards of the world’s largest single market. 

The UK civil service, government, meps and electorate will have no long have any say in the future direction of the EU. 

Regions and institutions will no longer have access to development grants.

The U.K. has to vastly increase the size of the civil service, and train and maintain it. As well as  recruit and train an army of healthcare professionals, seasonal agricultural workers, tradesmen and hotel and food industry staff.

On the other hand, 

Leaving means a saving of a disputed amount  in fees. 

But that seems to be it. 

#fakenews

this has all been done to death with you proved wrong.......

48 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I take the view that those who voted brexit have deliberately improved the future opportunities that my kids would have had.

Thanks for that....

no problem......

easier to get into uni, easier to get a job and easier to get a home.....

6 minutes ago, paswt said:

An interesting hypothesis:lol:

Hypothesis???!!!

Heard this morning that one of my young nephews who left uni and got a job in Berlin has had his application for German citizenship accepted.

That's the reality....

pk's hero......

Mr Osborne was also asked if he had any regrets over comments, attributed to him, that he would not rest until Prime Minister Theresa May was "chopped up in bags in my freezer".

"I certainly have said things in private which you know, I probably shouldn't have, and actually, apologised for it," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46039623

52 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I take the view that those who voted brexit have deliberately diminished the future opportunities that my kids would have had.

Thanks for that....

I would question that those who voted had your children in mind at the time.

We are all motivated by self interest as you have clearly demonstrated .

Students on this island have , I'm led to believe,get greater financial assistance than those across and may subsequently  make no financial contribution to the islands , or in your nephews case(?) the UK via tax . 

so tell him "thanks for that":lol:.

Nobody IMO has the right to demand  that others owe them a living .

Sorry but before I make any decision in life I won't be saying to myself "Hang on a minute will this adversely  affect PK or his family"

Hope this helps:flowers:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

#fakenews

growth is up again.....

+ the other 2 #fakenews you've dodge with this am...... Standard and Poors don't know as much as Woody's twitter feeds.

Then there is, today, Barclays asking to move €250 bn to Dublin. Yeah they don't know anything either.

Edited by ballaughbiker
€ not £