So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

the libtards have said for years it wasn't true, now the data shows otherwisethumbsup.gif

i see gingerminge is still going on about indy2, they will have to let england vote to ever get it passed,otherwise......

how do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them to vote......

before indy2 could take place a vote would be needed in parliament to if and when it happens, it couldn't be done under royal prerogative because the snp objected to this over the eu

clearly if indy2 was successful it would need indy3 over the final deal, just as the snp want over the eu deal....

further to this parliament must be given a meaningful vote,just as the snp want over the eu deal....

clearly indy4 would be needed to allow the uk to have a vote on the deal, just as the snp want over the eu deal....

and if any region of scotland that votes not to leave the uk, they must have the option of remaining in the uk....

only fairthumbsup.gif

Edited by woody2
  • Like 1

More to the point woody, would a 20+% drop in the value of the currency have any bearing of the cost of buying and transporting those ingredients?

Most Brexit voters probably go on all inclusive holidays so it wouldn't matter one jot to them.

Ah, whilst I wanted to remain, I'm not that fussed about leaving as I can't do anything about it myself - but things are going to get much pricier unless the GBP sorts itself out. The exchange rate is utterly bollocks and has been for the past 9 months now.

Most Brexit voters probably go on all inclusive holidays so it wouldn't matter one jot to them

Yeah, I bet those to whom you refer will think very differently about brexit this time next year. Just look what easyjet and Ryanair have had to say recently.

Isn't it inconvenient that oil is priced in $? Still they have "got their country back" rolleyes.gif

You cannot loose 20% of the value of a currency and have no changes. They are just taking more time than that Gideon frightened us with but 2017 will be an interesting year.

Makes no difference what oil is priced in. It's sold in dollars so you get more sterling when it's converted back.

The problem is not Brexit. It will ultimately bring favourable trading conditions. The problem is uncertainty. They just need to get on with it. Does anyone really think the EU has a viable long term future considering the social and financial stresses and strains it is causing?

Are we self sufficient in oil now ?

You are right about uncertainty though and I agree that we need 'to get on with it'. The EU's viability has been drastically worsened by the vote though and it would have been a bit more sensible to have a slower departing strategy than a calamitous cliff edge unplanned departure.

Whether more favourable trading conditions actually materialise is far from certain and as you point out, uncertainty is not what we need. We have chosen, by a small margin, to trash the biggest trading partner that was on our doorstep and swopped that for a huge amount of risk. Who on earth would use that tactic that on a personal level? Only someone who was a prime candidate for gamblers anonymous. Let's just hope all those far flung countries just itching to do business with us actually do.

What is certain is that the present trajectory will inevitably promote inflation and that means the base rate cannot stay where it is. The implications of that, in itself, are very scary.

Yes. There will be some inflation but the currency has been overvalued. Yes. Interest rates will rise - they have needed to for some time and I don't think that's scary. It's a quarter of one percent for goodness' sake. It's not countries that do business; it's people through companies. They will want to do business no matter what the bureaucrats say. The EU central establishment in Brussels has been bigging up its role for years. It's totally unnecessary. They should say we won't tariff anyone that doesn't tariff us to begin with and see how it goes. Best let them argue among themselves and with their own industries. I wouldn't be going in for long, drawn out negotiations with the EU, that's for sure. They'd just love that.