So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 minute ago, woody2 said:

if you fail to manage and plan for your business, it is not unreasonable therefore to surmise that you are sh1t at your job.......

#fakenews

Just received another promotion at work (private sector by the way) so clearly my employer thinks otherwise.  And the EU workers have now travelled to the UK and are fully engaged with the relevant project and aiding us in addressing the skills gap that successive UK governments have failed to address, despite numerous warnings from industry bodies that there were not enough young learners being encouraged down the apprenticeship route.  

One of the largest providers of apprenticeships in the UK have just collapsed which have raised further concerns regarding the apprenticeship provision.  At the Conservative Party Conference they announced reforms to the apprenticeship levy including a £95 million increase to the levy fund.

28 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

@paswt 

You may not have voted for Brexit but you have said that you would have done so if you had been eligible (or compelled by law) to vote.  It is not unreasonable therefore to surmise that you support the UK leaving the EU.  

"Obliged" not "Eligible" there is a world of a difference , don't you start putting words in my mouth as well

I was 'eligible' as I could have claimed a vote . 

I was not  obliged  i.e. compelled to , as in required by law .

I did not vote because I was domiciled in the IOM which falls outside the EU but primarily because I wasn't interested .

As I chose not to vote it is  unreasonable to surmise that I'm a 'brexiteer,'  I am not part of the UK  and have no interest in it.

I object to idiots erroneously  posting/ telling me what I am and demanding  me to justify  claims I have never made  while refusing to answer simple questions posed to them, claiming they are being "hounded":lol:.

One could perhaps assume that you would have been in favour of staying in the EU , fair enough .

Having a go at those who hold a contrary view or ,in my case have better things to occupy their time, doesn't add to the debate .

"Will it all matter in 100 years time"?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

#fakenews

Just received another promotion at work (private sector by the way) so clearly my employer thinks otherwise.  And the EU workers have now travelled to the UK and are fully engaged with the relevant project and aiding us in addressing the skills gap that successive UK governments have failed to address, despite numerous warnings from industry bodies that there were not enough young learners being encouraged down the apprenticeship route.  

One of the largest providers of apprenticeships in the UK have just collapsed which have raised further concerns regarding the apprenticeship provision.  At the Conservative Party Conference they announced reforms to the apprenticeship levy including a £95 million increase to the levy fund.

its not the govs. job to cover for your incompetence....... 

@paswt Calm down will you...

I have no axe to grind with you.  I was merely pointing out that given what you have posted in the past that it is fair to conclude that had you been obliged (compelled by law) to vote then you would have voted in favour of leaving.  You will note that I never called you a Brexiteer.  

You are correct that I would have voted in favour of remaining in the EU.  Personally I liked the freedom of movement and having access to the common market without being in the Euro. 

It is a shame that the Isle of Man Government decided to exclude the island from the referendum.  We may not be an EU member but we do have close links through the UK and we will feel the impact of Brexit especially if the UK decides to lower taxation and relax regulations on businesses as that will directly impact upon the Manx economy.  

As for your final question "will it all matter in 100 years time?" Well, it sure as hell won't matter to me as I won't be around to see it.  I wonder what whether Brexit will just be a footnote in the history of the UK or whether it will be a major topic?  

5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

@paswt Calm down will you...

I have no axe to grind with you.  I was merely pointing out that given what you have posted in the past that it is fair to conclude that had you been obliged (compelled by law) to vote then you would have voted in favour of leaving.  You will note that I never called you a Brexiteer.  

You are correct that I would have voted in favour of remaining in the EU.  Personally I liked the freedom of movement and having access to the common market without being in the Euro. 

It is a shame that the Isle of Man Government decided to exclude the island from the referendum.  We may not be an EU member but we do have close links through the UK and we will feel the impact of Brexit especially if the UK decides to lower taxation and relax regulations on businesses as that will directly impact upon the Manx economy.  

As for your final question "will it all matter in 100 years time?" Well, it sure as hell won't matter to me as I won't be around to see it.  I wonder what whether Brexit will just be a footnote in the history of the UK or whether it will be a major topic?  

Perhaps I should have added a :) after " putting words in my mouth as well" .

In my original post way back it was to disabuse a poster of the notion that   all of those who didn't vote would have voted to 'remain'.

If I am disinterested the subject of a vote or have no faith in any of the candidates I decline to use that vote .

It certainly won't matter to me in 100 years as I'm far nearer the end than the beginning , "if I'd have known I would have lived this long I would have taken better care of myself":lol:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, woody2 said:

its not the govs. job to cover for your incompetence....... 

When you resort to attacking the individual you really have lost the argument.  I am more than happy to engage with you in a reasonable debate and exchange of ideas but given your track record I am not going to hold my breath waiting.

3 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

When you resort to attacking the individual you really have lost the argument.  I am more than happy to engage with you in a reasonable debate and exchange of ideas but given your track record I am not going to hold my breath waiting.

you openly admit your incompetent......

you then try blame others rather than take reasonability for your failure.....

private sector + education =taxpayer funded......

Did IOM Gov actually actually exclude the Island from the Referendum? Surely, it had no dog in the fight? One cannot vote to remain in or leave something that one was never a member of in the first place?

It was a UK and Gibraltar referendum because those constituents are in the EU in some format

The IOM is affected by way of Protocol 3 appended to the UK Treaty of Accession. The Island could have had a vote, indeed even a Referendum for which legislation exists...But it would have been purely insular.

Eligible residents had a chance to vote in the UK/Gib Referendum as given by the UK legislation...

If I recall correctly there was some discussion between the UK Government and Crown Dependencies over their inclusion (or not) in the referendum.  I cannot find details right now but I think the Crown Dependencies rejected the offer on the basis that they were not part of the UK and did not want to be seen to be getting involved in a UK referendum.    

There was certainly a petition to the UK Government to include the Isle of Man in the referendum but that obviously had no impact. 

4 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

If I recall correctly there was some discussion between the UK Government and Crown Dependencies over their inclusion (or not) in the referendum.  I cannot find details right now but I think the Crown Dependencies rejected the offer on the basis that they were not part of the UK and did not want to be seen to be getting involved in a UK referendum.    

There was certainly a petition to the UK Government to include the Isle of Man in the referendum but that obviously had no impact. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-36228860

There was a petition to the Crown but HM was advised against as it as not constitutionally possible to have a UK referendum in the Crown Dependencies...I give a link...The petition was dismissed.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

When you resort to attacking the individual you really have lost the argument.  

Agree it would be helpful if some posters would concentrate on 'playing the ball'. 

Edited by paswt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paswt said:

Agree it would be helpful if some posters would concentrate on 'playing the ball'. 

Oh the irony!

Maybe you should practice what you preach.

On 11/1/2018 at 9:45 AM, paswt said:

I have never said that I support "Brexit".

I'm still waiting for an apology for misleading  others on this site .

I suppose one advantage of leaving the EU would be that you and your family will leave this island(?) and the UK  , having , in your, and certainly your nephews case selfishly   taken full advantage of what  the UK had to offer financially and educationally   with no thought of "giving something back" . 

From your posts it is abundantly clear that  you are one of those totally self centred individuals whose only concern is their own wellbeing  and financial  security and will go to any lengths to attempt to protect those interests.

No prizes for guessing  your "own favourite  self serving mendacious " individual ............... that would be you :lol: .

ETA . I see no point in continuing this discussion  unless you decide to "man up" and apologies for lying.  

Isn't it time for you to "man up" and apologise for your lies?