So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

29 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Arthur thompson at 16 used to go around businesses and tell them he'd heard their windows were going through next weekend but if they paid him a tenner he'd prevent that from happening. He understood how it worked.

parked in liverpool while waiting for the ferry- kid goes "£5 to watch your car" i said "it's got a rottweiler in the back" kid goes " can it put car fires out............"

oldies are always the best......

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Some people seem to think make america great again includes the uk. It makes far more sense to have a european army than pay america protection money for threats they create in the first place. 

i think you'll find its the usa paying for the protection of europe at the moment.......

12 minutes ago, woody2 said:

i think you'll find its the usa paying for the protection of europe at the moment.......

This comes down to Trump’s continual (and seemingly wanton) misunderstanding of NATO funding. The 2% constantly referred to is, by NATO’s own definition, a target. Nothing actually obliges NATO members to meet or exceed this 2%. Perhaps Trump is right that the usefulness of NATO is not as valid as it once was.

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

This comes down to Trump’s continual (and seemingly wanton) misunderstanding of NATO funding. The 2% constantly referred to is, by NATO’s own definition, a target. Nothing actually obliges NATO members to meet or exceed this 2%. Perhaps Trump is right that the usefulness of NATO is not as valid as it once was.

they did agree to it though......

the usa has zero interest in europe anymore.......

14 minutes ago, woody2 said:

they did agree to it though......

That’s irrelevant when it is just a guideline and not an actual requirement. I note that a few months back Trump was saying all members would soon be increasing their funding, doesn’t look like that one has happened.

14 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the usa has zero interest in europe anymore.......

I agree that the US has no real interest in Europe anymore.

Edited by mojomonkey

14 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

That’s irrelevant when it is just a guideline and not an actual requirement. I note that a few months back Trump was saying all members would soon be increasing their funding, doesn’t look like that one has happened.

art.50 has no requirement for the uk to pay the eu anything.....

are you happy to pick up the bill in germany.........

2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

art.50 has no requirement for the uk to pay the eu anything.....

are you happy to pick up the bill in germany.........

Going somewhat off at a tangent here. I didn’t write the funding guidelines for NATO, I’m merely stating the fact that it is a guideline not a requirement. That is a fact not an argument.

Not sure of the relevance of Article 50 to a discussion on the funding of NATO. A quick scan of the wording of Article 50 I see it makes no mention of payments (guidelines, requirements or otherwise). As you well know (I think it is getting a little press attention at the moment) Article 50 does refer to the making of an agreement. That agreement may or may not include requirements (not guidelines) for payments. Where are the parallels to NATO funding?

16 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Going somewhat off at a tangent here. I didn’t write the funding guidelines for NATO, I’m merely stating the fact that it is a guideline not a requirement. That is a fact not an argument.

Not sure of the relevance of Article 50 to a discussion on the funding of NATO. A quick scan of the wording of Article 50 I see it makes no mention of payments (guidelines, requirements or otherwise). As you well know (I think it is getting a little press attention at the moment) Article 50 does refer to the making of an agreement. That agreement may or may not include requirements (not guidelines) for payments. Where are the parallels to NATO funding?

no requirement for payment......

eu members will have to pay more- just like the usa is doing with nato.....

1 minute ago, woody2 said:

no requirement for payment......

eu members will have to pay more- just like the usa is doing with nato.....

No requirement for payment in what? I presume you are now talking about the UK/EU leaving agreement? Surely its impossible to say whether there will be any requirements for payments in any direction yet as no agreement has actually been agreed. Unless you have a crystal ball that is.