So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

do they?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

question marks just for john........

The EU provides at least 30% of the food we eat.

But don't worry about that. According to people like Jacob Rees-Mogg and David Davis the UK is so needed by the EU you can play hardball in any negotiations. They're just a bit vague and hazy about what gives the UK such a strong hand.

Unless, of course, the price of bullshit has gone through the trading roof.....

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I do not want to get into mud slinging and insult trading so this is a one off comment.

It seems to me that very soon someone is going to have to do a Winston Churchill "Blood, toil, tears and sweat speech"...To the effect that we are so closely entwined with the EU which present format the UK did much to create...

That we cannot in all honesty easily survive without terrible damage the consequences of a full hard Brexit...

That the best we can do for the sake of the economy and jobs and financial matters is to compromise..

It is inevitable that any form of close interface between the UK and the EU will require a degree of umble pie they being so big and we just one against 27 and a former sic member to boot.

That Brexit was never deliverable or feasible.

That compromise is the best we can do so that's it until whatever FTA rolls along later.

I am reminded of those on the IOM who used to demand that the CM goes to London and bangs the table and tells them what we want! It always ended up getting what they (UK) said you could have!

I have said right from the start that the UK will in the end have to settle for a bigger version of the Island's Protocol 3 and it looks like this may well happen.

Finally, N Ireland will have to see themselves as little more than a bigger Isle of Man and just take it as it comes whatever the consequences. They are a minority part of the UK and will have to accept like us whatever happens.

We will all just have to lump it! 

just leave on a no deal basis......

53 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

An EU army will be much more likely when the UK can't express its veto vote when we leave.

Did your twitter feeds think about that?

it was mentioned on bbctw actually.......

and which army are you talking about.....

madron or merkels version.....

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The EU provides at least 30% of the food we eat.

But don't worry about that. According to people like Jacob Rees-Mogg and David Davis the UK is so needed by the EU you can play hardball in any negotiations. They're just a bit vague and hazy about what gives the UK such a strong hand.

Unless, of course, the price of bullshit has gone through the trading roof.....

yes you keep saying that......

the uk at the moment has an oversupply of indigenous food, clearly this changes month to month but yearly its around 100%.....

as the eu import system can only tell direct imports to the uk and eu- included in eu imports is food from the eu which actually comes from a 3rd country.....

so not all eu food imports coming to the uk are coming from the eu.....

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

I can't see Corbyn lasting for too long either. Sooner or later Labour will realise that they need to sort their act out to attempt to become any sort of credible challenger. Getting rid of Corbyn is necessary for that.

hmmmmmmm........

She told the Commons it would give the UK control of borders, laws and money - and also protect business and jobs.

no mention of trade.....

#nodeal

Ok, what's the connection between my general statement expressing a personal opinion on Corbyn and:

3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

hmmmmmmm........

She told the Commons it would give the UK control of borders, laws and money - and also protect business and jobs.

no mention of trade.....

#nodeal

You've either quoted me by accident or you're getting even more cryptic.

19 minutes ago, woody2 said:

yes you keep saying that......

the uk at the moment has an oversupply of indigenous food, clearly this changes month to month but yearly its around 100%.....

as the eu import system can only tell direct imports to the uk and eu- included in eu imports is food from the eu which actually comes from a 3rd country.....

so not all eu food imports coming to the uk are coming from the eu.....

Translation?

• Haha 1