So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

13 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I bow to your superior experience in that regard woody.

i've edited it- it was cyprus.......

(d) the Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia in Cyprus, to the extent necessary to ensure the implementation of the arrangements set out in the Protocol on the Sovereign Base Areas of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in Cyprus

iom is included as part of the uk......

1. Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement or in Union law made applicable by this Agreement, any reference in this Agreement to the United Kingdom or its territory shall be understood as referring to:

(c) the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, to the extent that Union law was applicable to them before the date of entry into force of this Agreement;

18 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What have UK military bases got to do with the GFA?

I suggest because they are sovereign bases and thus like a piece of Britain/UK on Cyprus...ie British Overseas Territories. Thus as British territory they are included.  People on the base get to vote in UK elections as OTC persons and K persons overseas. and I assume the Brexit referendum??...and last I looked births and I assume marriages were registered there...You see it in electoral roll qualifications..ie born on UK sovereign base Cyprus is like born in Surbiton...I think that's right anyway...I see that the UK and Cyprus are negotiating the future status of the bases due to Brexit and UK may even build a port there for sea access due to Brexit uncertainty..

1 minute ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I suggest because they are sovereign bases and thus like a piece of Britain/UK on Cyprus...ie British Overseas Territories. Thus as British territory they are included.  People on the base get to vote in UK elections as OTC persons and K persons overseas. and I assume the Brexit referendum??...and last I looked births and I assume marriages were registered there...You see it in electoral roll qualifications..ie born on UK sovereign base Cyprus is like born in Surbiton...I think that's right anyway...I see that the UK and Cyprus are negotiating the future status of the bases due to Brexit and UK may even build a port there for sea access due to Brexit uncertainty..

the point is they are doing by bilateral agreements- same could apply to uk-ireland.......