So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

7 minutes ago, woody2 said:

care to tell us when 20XX is......

DsAL80TWoAAEpzp.thumb.jpg.23722deb07cb35b7312dc2036a204cf2.jpg

Having a clause to extend the transition does not make it invalid. It would not be surprising if there are minor amendments to the agreement before it actually gets to a vote in December(?). The agreement actually states that "in accordance with Article 132 of the Withdrawal Agreement, the transition period may be extended by mutual consent"

7 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it did- may's failed to deliver.......

It did? As in the referendum question specifically set out what that precisely meant? Maybe in your world but not in mine. I would expect an explanation of what leaving would entail and result in being more than just one sentence.

Edited by mojomonkey

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Having a clause to extend the transition does not make it invalid. It would not be surprising if there are minor amendments to the agreement before it actually gets to a vote in December(?).

it does when it keeps eu control going forever.........which is why everyone doesn't like it........

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

It did? As in the referendum question specifically set out what that precisely meant? Maybe in your world but not in mine. I would expect an explanation of what leaving would entail and result in being more than just one sentence.

leave or stay.......

couldn't be clearer......

4 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

No one said the EU had the right to interfere but it was in doubt as to the UK's attitude and the same is the subject of a vast academic paper to be read on the Westminster website.

the only thing would be to get ireland to withdraw....... good luck with that.........

16 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it does when it keeps eu control going forever.........which is why everyone doesn't like it........

It clearly says that it has to be mutual agreement. Either side can say no more extension, they cannot force the other side. It works both ways.

16 minutes ago, woody2 said:

leave or stay.......

couldn't be clearer......

That is an overly simplistic view of it, the end result is very clear but what that precisely meant was not. As in what would happen to all the issues such as trade, movement, health, shared law, etc. No one knew what would actually happen, mainly because the Government that put forward the referendum did not know what they would do if the result was leave. It was leave and the whole shitstorm started where no side would be satisfied with the outcome. The blame lies with the elected members.

As I said earlier I think there should have been some outline of the likely of what would happen in terms of actual agreement. There wasn’t, we are where we are and so on.

Edited by mojomonkey