So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Thanks to the brexiteers ALL the WTO nations smelt blood in the water.

Amazingly naive when you think of the incredibly strong hand the UK had to play what with chucking away the best deal in the best trading bloc on the planet......

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

It was a joke Quilp, don't get excited, you can't really post an article from a lobbying group and claim it is spinless without some kind of satirical comment. I sort of read it but the whole situation is so far out of my control that I just don't give a shit about it anymore, whatever bollocks is going to happen is going to happen and we'll all have to deal with the fallout. With a degree of resigned humour.

Apologies. And I totally agree with your last bit. What is very apparent is that valid discussion is impossible with minds already closed and made up.

So I'm out of this thread and the Brexit subject altogether.

Eventually we shall see whose predictions come true, won't we...

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Apologies. What is very apparent is that valid discussion is impossible with minds already closed and made up.

So I'm out of this thread and the Brexit subject altogether.

Eventually we shall see whose predictions come true, won't we...

What makes you think they're predictions other than your prejudices...?

ETA - ooops! Looks like someone edited their post just a little bit too late....

Edited by P.K.

In 2016 the brexshitters were saying it would be ‘the easiest deal in history’, now they’re saying it’s ‘the worst deal in history’. Are they ‘the worst negotiators in history’, ‘the biggest liars in history’, the ‘most callous traitors in history’ or ‘the least informed pundits in history’?  

2 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

In 2016 the brexshitters were saying it would be ‘the easiest deal in history’, now they’re saying it’s ‘the worst deal in history’. Are they ‘the worst negotiators in history’, ‘the biggest liars in history’, the ‘most callous traitors in history’ or ‘the least informed pundits in history’?  

Errrr excuse me but earlier you tried to admonish me for pointing the above out!

Make your mind up.....

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Errrr excuse me but earlier you tried to admonish me for pointing the above out!

Make your mind up.....

Er, yes. Sorry. When you win an argument this conclusively it’s hard not to gloat. Time to move on. Having said that, if May’s deal goes through it could be worse than no deal. No deal would be a disaster for the country, but at least there would be roads out of it - most likely back to full-membership with tail between legs, but May’s deal is a recipe for decades of simmering resentment and complete vassalage. 

Edited by Freggyragh

8 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

That’s not an alternative to remoaner spin. The Ramones have been saying that it would be impossible to negotiate a better deal than full membership since day one. Davis and Raab tried - but it’s a catch-22, you can’t leave if you don’t have a realistic alternative trading arrangement, and that can’t happen. If, in Liam Fox’s little fantasy, the rest of WTO (not elected, by the way - faceless bureaucrats the lot of them) had agreed to give the U.K. the same terms of trade it had enjoyed as an EU member then Brexit would have stood an outside chance. If only the 20+ WTO members who objected, including supposed allies Australia, New Zealand and the US, had been as loyal to the UK as the EU has been to little old Ireland.

#fakenews

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

Thanks to the brexiteers ALL the WTO nations smelt blood in the water.

Amazingly naive when you think of the incredibly strong hand the UK had to play what with chucking away the best deal in the best trading bloc on the planet......

#fakenews

#fakenews

Shame that wasn’t available to punt on. Would have been a classic #Woodytip. Your referendum failed by 67% to 33%. 

#fakenews

7 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Er, yes. Sorry. When you win an argument this conclusively it’s hard not to gloat. Time to move on. Having said that, if May’s deal goes through it could be worse than no deal. No deal would be a disaster for the country, but at least there would be roads out of it - most likely back to full-membership with tail between legs, but May’s deal is a recipe for decades of simmering resentment and complete vassalage. 

#fakenews

7 hours ago, P.K. said:

If the bug-eyed brexit loons stupidly vote the deal inevitably down we could crash out.

NOBODY wants that.

Except for Woody2 and those like him.

That should tell you all you need to know about how disastrous it would be....

#fakenews

7 minutes ago, woody2 said:

only if you keep posting......

You’re the one who keeps posting #fakenews.

And preposterous, ludicrous, fake claims, which are clearly false and which you can’t back up or link to a credible source.

And even if you do link then a read always shows you’ve got hold of the wrong end of the wrong stick.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You’re the one who keeps posting #fakenews.

And preposterous, ludicrous, fake claims, which are clearly false and which you can’t back up or link to a credible source.

And even if you do link then a read always shows you’ve got hold of the wrong end of the wrong stick.

#fakenews

10 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I sort of read it but the whole situation is so far out of my control that I just don't give a shit about it anymore, whatever bollocks is going to happen is going to happen and we'll all have to deal with the fallout. With a degree of resigned humour.

Sums up the situation accurately IMO.