So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

I think that bit is wrong too. Doesn't make the rest wrong unless you really want it to. 

I think the UK currently trade with 24 countries under WTO independent of the EU and another 68 with tariffs agreed via the EU. Those 68 will have to be renegotiated and I bet the terms will be worse than now. If you were one of the 68, why would you do the UK any favours? You will think of yourself first.

70 according to the uk gov........

all have already agreed.......

The U.K. will have no problem at all rolling over trade agreements with African countries and other developing countries because they are in essence charity deals - the developing nation is allowed to protect their own industries whilst gaining tariff-free access to the developed nation’s market. When Fox announced the deals with Southern African nations it was a bit like announcing triumphantly that after your divorce you’d continue paying your share of the ‘sponsor a child’ scheme your wife set up. If there were any prospect of the U.K. striking deals with major trading nations anywhere close to as good as the deals the EU makes we would have heard about it and Fox would be trying to make the case for nodeal rather than desperately backing May.