So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

16 minutes ago, Declan said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg saying it’s a terrible result for the Teresa May. That most of the people who voted for were ministers and “on the payroll” (shades of Peter Karran?) and that she should visit the Queen tomorrow to resign. 

For someone constantly banging on about respect the result of a vote (Brexit means Brexit) he doesn't seem that keen on respecting the result of this one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Declan said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg saying it’s a terrible result for the Teresa May. That most of the people who voted for were ministers and “on the payroll” (shades of Peter Karran?) and that she should visit the Queen tomorrow to resign. 

He’s putting on a brave face. It was a secret ballot, nobody’s job was at risk. The psycho-brexiteers are few in number and now everyone knows. 

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

For someone constantly banging on about respect the result of a vote (Brexit means Brexit) he doesn't seem that keen on respecting the result of this one.

Jacob has impeccable manners and is entertaining enough as an eccentric. I think I’ve worked out which historical politician he reminds me of - the dress sense, the pious catholicism, the nationalism, the ambition, the blind belief in the need to detach his country from its biggest market, and total indifference to ordinary people’s lives - if he was actually driven by a desire for his country’s freedom rather than a fear of EU tax harmonising he’d be a modern day Eamon De Valera. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Jacob has impeccable manners and is entertaining enough as an eccentric. I think I’ve worked out which historical politician he reminds me of - the dress sense, the pious catholicism, the nationalism, the ambition, the blind belief in the need to detach his country from its biggest market, and total indifference to ordinary people’s lives - if he was actually driven by a desire for his country’s freedom rather than a fear of EU tax harmonising he’d be a modern day Eamon De Valera. 

I wonder if Jacob would have expressed his condolences on the death of Hitler, the way that De Valera did ? :ermm:

• Thanks 1

The vote was a complete distraction as the deal and those opposed wasn't likely to change as a consequence.

However I have come to realise it was well worth it to see bug-eyed brexit loons like Marcus Fysh and JRM spitting blood.

More of this please....

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

But one of the few Tory MP's with any credibility and no amount of your trying to belittle her by resorting to mocking her appearance is going to change that...

She has no credibility. My comment was not about her appearance. It was about her permanently furious demeanour. She needs to relax.

5 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Anyone who thinks they could have magically negotiated a better deal, and that includes the jokers whose job it was, the ones who ran away, #SirNigel as well as ‘six tests’ Corbyn and all the others need to shut up. 

Anyone who comes up with a new stupid plan (please don’t ever let me hear ‘Japan Plus Plus Plus’) needs to shut up. 

Anyone who claims their stupid ideas on how to leave the EU will be ‘a walk in the park’ are right only if you switch ‘walk’ for ‘kick’ and ‘park’ for ‘balls’. And still no one has been able to credibly explain what it was all supposed to be for. This shambles has done wonders for newspapers and shouty racists and nothing for anyone else. 

Usual stuff. People who voted for Brexit are not racists. They are patriots who believe in their country running itself. They see the blind alley that is the EU. The blind alley that was supposed to be Utopia. It's happening all over Europe, and it's well overdue.

2 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

................or vassalage.

There is absolutely nothing about Brexit that equates to vassalage. You are borrowing the ERG script there, I'm afraid. Even Theresa May's deal (have you read it?) does not approach any form of vassalage. I take my hat off, though. Anyone who advocates membership of the EU and impugns alternative arrangements on the grounds of vassalage certainly has chutzpah.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

That isn't religious terrorism, he'd been sent in to do a job to distract from the yellow vest stuff.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

So this means that the French are killing their own people to get the protests shut down? Things must be even worse than I thought.

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

So this means that the French are killing their own people to get the protests shut down? Things must be even worse than I thought.

I'm not totally sure I believe my own theory tbh.

Got to pull you on this though Woolley from your previous post

People who voted for Brexit are not racists

Some of them are. Probably a substantial amount.