So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

‘Any Brexit at all would be a result’ - that is blind fanaticism. I’ll concede that a no deal Brexit could work, and work well - but was always impossible within the timeframe, particularly with the lazy toads in charge, and the cold reality that Britain cannot escape the consequences of partitioning Ireland for at least a decade or two, when the nationalists will be the majority and might be in the mood to grant Britain its independence. Any of the other proposals cede much more in the way of sovereignty, cash and control than actual membership. 

47 minutes ago, woolley said:

That's less contentious.

No, it's just significantly less important.

It also shows what a contempt and distrust in experts can do.  How, in this day and age, can people doubt the shape of our planet?  And how then do we let these same people have a say in the future of the country?

56 minutes ago, woolley said:

He's been everything else. Did he mention his time as an astronaut?

I was in Houston 1980-82 and lived in League City Texas on Clear Lake not far from NASA.

I worked for a Greek shipowner Nikolaos D Papalios who was the subject of an article in the October 2018 edition of Ships Monthly...My late father was broker to N D Papalios….

I had social connections via Dimitri N Papalios who had a small shipping business in Houston which I ran. He was part of a Safari Club run by Bert Kleinburger.

An associate I had to do business with was Lt Col Stuart Roosa one of the Apollo astronauts who went into business and was a director of one of the big brewing firms in Southwest USA. He died from pancreatitis and is buried in Arlington cemetery Washington.

When in Houston I had a friend John Brinsden of Standard Chartered Bank (Last heard of in Cambodia) whose secretary was married to a NASA technician. I attended a cockers P and met an astronaut Dick (Frank) Scobie who was later killed flying the Challenger space shuttle.

Google freaks may care to check out these names!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I was in Houston 1980-82 and lived in League City Texas on Clear Lake not far from NASA.

I worked for a Greek shipowner Nikolaos D Papalios who was the subject of an article in the October 2018 edition of Ships Monthly...My late father was broker to N D Papalios….

I had social connections via Dimitri N Papalios who had a small shipping business in Houston which I ran. He was part of a Safari Club run by Bert Kleinburger.

An associate I had to do business with was Lt Col Stuart Roosa one of the Apollo astronauts who went into business and was a director of one of the big brewing firms in Southwest USA. He died from pancreatitis and is buried in Arlington cemetery Washington.

When in Houston I had a friend John Brinsden of Standard Chartered Bank (Last heard of in Cambodia) whose secretary was married to a NASA technician. I attended a cockers P and met an astronaut Dick (Frank) Scobie who was later killed flying the Challenger space shuttle.

Google freaks may care to check out these names!

David Downie who used to run /still runs the hyperbaric chamber in Douglas and is brother of former MHK/MLC(?) Alex Downie also lived in Houston near me by NASA and Ellington USAF base where he qualified in hyperbaric/hypobaric treatments etc

28 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

David Downie who used to run /still runs the hyperbaric chamber in Douglas and is brother of former MHK/MLC(?) Alex Downie also lived in Houston near me by NASA and Ellington USAF base where he qualified in hyperbaric/hypobaric treatments etc

Hyperbaric chamber has hit curious times.

On 12/19/2018 at 2:07 PM, the stinking enigma said:

All bets are off. Jeremy called the scarecrow a stupid woman. Brexit will have to go on the backburner for a couple of weeks while the tories express their righteous pseudo indignation in as many ways as possible. 

he's no james wade........