So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Dream on.

Notice you didn't refute how Evil Goblins intent on world domination are running the EU then.

So you must believe it.

Have to say that's the impression I get from the brexiteers on here....

On 12/31/2018 at 11:07 AM, woody2 said:

new pc friendly term.........

"Someone who identifies as a non-gender specific individual unique snowflake who wholeheartedly believes in fairy tales and bullshit."

Are you so insecure about your own sexuality that you need to make up an insult to attack a lifestyle that you yearn for yourself? Are you so scared of how you weak you might be in the face of public opinion that you have to hide your true nature from the world, and play the role of buff, brash, no-nonsense, heterosexual internet warrior?  You take out your frustrations on anyone who might be bold enough to accept themselves for who they are, but your mask has slipped, mate. Just accept yourself for who you really are and life the live you were born to live. 

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2018 at 11:07 AM, woody2 said:

new pc friendly term.........

"Someone who identifies as a non-gender specific individual unique snowflake who wholeheartedly believes in fairy tales and bullshit."

Are you so insecure about your own sexuality that you need to make up an insult to attack a lifestyle that you yearn for yourself? Are you so scared of how you weak you might be in the face of public opinion that you have to hide your true nature from the world, and play the role of buff, brash, no-nonsense, heterosexual internet warrior?  You take out your frustrations on anyone who might be bold enough to accept themselves for who they are, but your mask has slipped, mate. Just accept yourself for who you really are and life the live you were born to live. 

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

No, the Scott Trust Limited, which owns the Guardian, has a sizeable cash mountain invested and returning an income. But the fact some of  it may be invested in funds managed or owned by Arab interests does not mean it is owned by Arabs.

If you’re trying to imply that the editorial policy of the Guardian is influenced by who advises on the investments held by its parent company, then the fact that  the governing charity deeds guarantee editorial independence rather scuppers that argument.

At least it’s better than the editors being in the pocket of foreign, or British, tax exiles, like the rest of the MSM.

And before you start on the Guardian structure being a tax dodge the Scott Trust Endowment cash pile was built up from after tax dividends from the Guardian. The Guardian and Scott Trust pay U.K. tax on their annual income, unlike Rothermere, Barclay brothers or Murdoch.

and what about its funds in the cayman islands????????????????????????????

shorting banks in 2008..........

raiding of currencies........

and its former editor sat on the board of some of these hedge funds while condemning others for doing the same......

no editorial independence when these funds pay the newspapers staff wages and bonuses........   

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

and what about its funds in the cayman islands????????????????????????????

shorting banks in 2008..........

raiding of currencies........

and its former editor sat on the board of some of these hedge funds while condemning others for doing the same......

no editorial independence when these funds pay the newspapers staff wages and bonuses........   

https://order-order.com/2011/02/22/guardian-hedge-funds-made-40-million-during-banking-crisis-editor-rusbridger-on-board-which-approved-strategy/

I think the esteemed gentleman refers to the above? The jury are invited to draw their own conclusions.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

https://order-order.com/2011/02/22/guardian-hedge-funds-made-40-million-during-banking-crisis-editor-rusbridger-on-board-which-approved-strategy/

I think the esteemed gentleman refers to the above? The jury are invited to draw their own conclusions.

nah- hislop (lefty) has been going on about it for years........

7 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

This is a stock response from the metrolibs to anyone who does not share their extremist views on pandering to every minority predilection that emerges from the closet. If someone disapproves of something then accuse them of being so inclined themselves. Some of the accusers might actually believe it; in some cases it might be so, but in essence it is intended to provoke an outraged reaction. It's becoming old hat now though. Been done to death.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, P.K. said:

Notice you didn't refute how Evil Goblins intent on world domination are running the EU then.

So you must believe it.

Have to say that's the impression I get from the brexiteers on here....

I don't think anyone has said that P.K. The globalist EU would be a step towards a global government I suppose but for me it is the end of democracy. The EU have clearly decided that they will never get their way by democratic means and have decided to make the next steps to creating a soviet style super state. That may not be a bad thing, until the next raft of 30 appointed overlords begin forcing through some really contentious policies such as euthanasia or begin to take accepted freedoms away bit by bit. It's beginning to happen and we are sleepwalking into it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46735303

So a tender never really actually went out, only one company was considered and that company has never run a ferry service, and more importantly has no ferries, trained staff, facilities, etc...

Easiest £14m selling fresh air ever made.

Welcome to Brexit everyone.

They would only be paid if they provided a service, of course. I do accept that we need to know more about the compensation arrangements in the (very likely) scenario they are stood down.  That does have potential to be fishy. To my mind if they have no tonnage ready to go that settlement should be zero.

34 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't think anyone has said that P.K. The globalist EU would be a step towards a global government I suppose but for me it is the end of democracy. The EU have clearly decided that they will never get their way by democratic means and have decided to make the next steps to creating a soviet style super state. That may not be a bad thing, until the next raft of 30 appointed overlords begin forcing through some really contentious policies such as euthanasia or begin to take accepted freedoms away bit by bit. It's beginning to happen and we are sleepwalking into it.  

I don't believe a word of that.

Not one word.

Hence I coined the "the EU is run by Evil Goblins intent on world domination" because I believe it's just as unlikely.

These "30 appointed overlords" wouldn't be the democratically elected leaders of democratic EU member states by chance?

So not "appointed overlords" at all are they?