So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

4 hours ago, woolley said:

None of the organisations you cite are heading towards a pan-continental state or "ever closer union" without borders, with one currency, a parliament, etc. You get the picture. But you did already, Freggy. You know what sovereignty is. You aren't thick!

FIFA!!! :D

The first one cited is the EU. Glad we can agree on something. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Declan said:

Your playing into their hands using stereotypes and tropes because that how they see the world. 

I don’t really get Woody’s perjoratives whether homophobic, transphobic or whatever. However he makes them so often that I am concerned for him. There are plenty of scientific papers to show that those most concerned about controlling the sexualities and gender identities of others are frequently those who also have chosen to control their own sexualities and gender identities rather than break with what they were brought to believe were the only acceptable norms. Hence the obsession, and constantly bringing such issues up at any excuse, even discussions about Brexit. It only offends me in so far as Woody seems to need to bring his sexual identity issues into every topic on MF. 

Edited by Freggyragh

16 hours ago, Max Power said:

I certainly don't consider myself right wing but .....

It makes me smile when the papers come in.

Bundles upon bundles of Daily Wails and just three Grauniads.

One of which is mine.

Not a bad "state of the nation" indicator really.

But a sad state of affairs.....

23 hours ago, woolley said:

This is a stock response from the metrolibs to anyone who does not share their extremist views on pandering to every minority predilection that emerges from the closet. If someone disapproves of something then accuse them of being so inclined themselves. Some of the accusers might actually believe it; in some cases it might be so, but in essence it is intended to provoke an outraged reaction. It's becoming old hat now though. Been done to death.

I stand corrected, you did not use the term "Eurolibs", you instead used the term "metrolibs".  

Same difference, you massive hypocrite.

Edited by RIchard Britten
  • Haha 1

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

I stand corrected, you did not use the term "Eurolibs", you instead used the term "metrolibs".  

Same difference, you massive hypocrite.

No. It's obviously a convenient abbreviation for "metropolitan liberals". What is "Gammon" short for? Oh, hold on. It isn't short for anything, is it? It's a pejorative insult for a certain demographic. The type of insult which you are supposed to abhor with all your might. YOU massive hypocrite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

No. It's obviously a convenient abbreviation for "metropolitan liberals". What is "Gammon" short for? Oh, hold on. It isn't short for anything, is it? It's a pejorative insult for a certain demographic. The type of insult which you are supposed to abhor with all your might. YOU massive hypocrite.

And you constant use of the term "liberal" as a perjorative is okay?

True colours.