So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, woolley said:

But you said they forced the government to put out the legal ramifications of Brexit. They didn't. All of the substance was already in the public domain. They forced them to release a specific private advice document. So in the future anyone giving the government "confidential" advice will be much more guarded about it for fear it might finish up verbatim in the Sun with their name attached. That was the principle the government tried in vain to defend.

The Sun?  That well known bastion of left leaning anti-Brexit sentiment?

I did think it amusing the Sun trying to peddle their cheap holiday offer, using an advert with some douche nozzle ruining peoples holidays with a drone.

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Did you miss the bit where it was found to be legal to withdraw Art. 50 without needing the agreement of the other EU members?

no but you clearly missed how i have been saying that for years this was covered by the vienna convention......

it certainly confirmed the ecj is nothing but a political court.......

they would still need a vote in parliament and another to remove the laws past........

But you said they forced the government to put out the legal ramifications of Brexit. They didn't. All of the substance was already in the public domain. They forced them to release a specific private advice document. So in the future anyone giving the government "confidential" advice will be much more guarded about it for fear it might finish up verbatim in the Sun with their name attached. That was the principle the government tried in vain to defend.

Excuse me but after their attempts to circumvent the sovereignty of parliament, thwarted by Gina Miller, I wouldn't trust this shower any further than I could throw a steamroller. Neither should anyone else with a modicum of intelligence.

So did this information have a security classification? I mean "a private advice document" means what exactly? My guess would be "Don't let the Opposition see this!"

Refreshing naivity though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Where are these "numbers"? I also find these daily polls a bit mystic meg, have you ever met anyone who has ever been polled in one?

not talking about polls......

numbers of mp's that have publicly declared how they would vote.......

less than 10% support another referendum (60)........

209 mp's oppose a no deal exit........( the same number approx objected to the laws already passed to leave on a no deal)

when you see something over 300 mp's then you'll know if parliament can do anything.......

32 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

The Sun?  That well known bastion of left leaning anti-Brexit sentiment?

I did think it amusing the Sun trying to peddle their cheap holiday offer, using an advert with some douche nozzle ruining peoples holidays with a drone.

always knew you read the sun.......

35 minutes ago, woody2 said:

not talking about polls......

numbers of mp's that have publicly declared how they would vote.......

less than 10% support another referendum (60)........

209 mp's oppose a no deal exit........( the same number approx objected to the laws already passed to leave on a no deal)

when you see something over 300 mp's then you'll know if parliament can do anything.......

You’re a more trusting man than me if you believe that all politicians will do as they say they will. Tuesday next week should be entertaining.

Edited by mojomonkey

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Excuse me but after their attempts to circumvent the sovereignty of parliament, thwarted by Gina Miller, I wouldn't trust this shower any further than I could throw a steamroller. Neither should anyone else with a modicum of intelligence.

So did this information have a security classification? I mean "a private advice document" means what exactly? My guess would be "Don't let the Opposition see this!"

Refreshing naivity though.

But the point remains there was nothing new in the humble address release that wasn't in the earlier legal summary to MPs and expanded upon in the AG's very comprehensive statement to the House. Cox came to the House and said "ask me anything". They did. He spent hours answering everything candidly. He didn't wrap anything up. It wasn't good enough for them because they wanted their five minutes of willy waving. When the private advice was released it was just the same. Unless you or the Guardian think there is more? Well, you can't trust this lot any further than you could throw a steamroller, can you? Perhaps they redacted the juicy stuff before releasing it to thwart the will of Parliament? Eh? :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

You’re a more trusting man than me if you believe that all politicians will do as they say they will. Tuesday next week should be entertaining.

its what they have signed up for not what they are saying.........

needs half of mp's to sign before anything would be done.......

couldn't give a stuff about the vote.........it's pointless........

32 minutes ago, woolley said:

But the point remains there was nothing new in the humble address release that wasn't in the earlier legal summary to MPs and expanded upon in the AG's very comprehensive statement to the House. Cox came to the House and said "ask me anything". They did. He spent hours answering everything candidly. He didn't wrap anything up. It wasn't good enough for them because they wanted their five minutes of willy waving. When the private advice was released it was just the same. Unless you or the Guardian think there is more? Well, you can't trust this lot any further than you could throw a steamroller, can you? Perhaps they redacted the juicy stuff before releasing it to thwart the will of Parliament? Eh? :)

and no government will take legal advice now- way to go labour......

So now you can explain how they could possibly know the contents without actually being given the documentation?

:)

Just now, P.K. said:

So now you can explain how they could possibly know the contents without actually being given the documentation?

:)

The AG gave them the summary and told them "there was nothing else to see". He was hardly likely to crucify himself and his career by lying to the House.

The AG gave them the summary and told them "there was nothing else to see". He was hardly likely to crucify himself and his career by lying to the House.

Like all things brexit it was handled very badly.

Starmer took the very reasonable view that if the AG had told them everything there was nothing left to hide. They were keeping stum ergo there must be something that they are keeping from Her Maj's Opposition. I suspect the AG was being "economical with the truth" as the saying goes.

"Brexit: The Uncivil War" is on tonight. I'll record it for later viewing and then forget all about it like most of the stuff we've recorded. The Saturday Grauniad ran a piece where four people were given a preview and asked to comment. They were Andrew Rawnsley their political commentator, Gloria De Piero Labour MP, Gina Miller (no introductions needed) and Shahmir Sanni the whistleblower who brought Vote Leave's dodgy dealings into the public eye.

The comments of Miller and Sanni I thought were most revealing and well worth a read. Particularly the latter. For those with an open mind of course....

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jan/06/brexit-uncivil-war-reviews-andrew-rawnsley-gina-miller-gloria-de-piero-shahmir-sanni