So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

2r636a.jpg

Not me. Caricature is way too old and far too red. I never get angry at things I can't change. There's no point. The fact that this sort of thing exists online tells you more about the paper and its infantile readers than anything else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, woolley said:

Not me. Caricature is way too old and far too red. I never get angry at things I can't change. There's no point. The fact that this sort of thing exists online tells you more about the paper and its infantile readers than anything else.

Oh do come on.  The second a post mentions the G word, you have an aneurysm and mash a post into your poor keyboard.

Like.  Clockwork.

What do we now think the outcome is going to be?

I'm thinking the deal will be voted down today. May (or a successor) gets an extension on Article 50 (or works very quickly) and a gets a new deal from the EU. This will probably be a softer version of the current proposal, this is passed with Labour and Remain Tories support, and the hard line Brexiters and DUP are squeezed out.

This will be a compromise that will suit the majority of the population can support - UK will leave EU, but the concerns of most remainers ameliorated, and the country can move on and address more important issues, most of the country can unite. Only the most ardent Leavers and Remoaners will be on the outside chanting and waiving flags. 

Edited by Declan

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Have to agree. A duty to serve country rather than self is becoming an increasing rarity in the tory party...

ETA:

The cockroach prize for endurance – Theresa May

BLAH BLAH..........Long after the UK has become a failed state, with its few surviving citizens scavenging the countryside for food, there will be Theresa’s disembodied voice crackling through the airwaves repeating “strong and stable”....“strong and stable”...“strong and stable”....

I could agree on the characteristics of May until it gets to the typical Guardian rot at the end. Failed state. Few surviving citizens. Scavenging the countryside for food. It's beyond satire. This is the fifth largest economy on the planet they are traitorously deriding. It most certainly does make for depressing reading as you say.

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

I could agree on the characteristics of May until it gets to the typical Guardian rot at the end. Failed state. Few surviving citizens. Scavenging the countryside for food. It's beyond satire. This is the fifth largest economy on the planet they are traitorously deriding. It most certainly does make for depressing reading as you say.

2r636a.jpg

...fifth largest economy...

Rapidly about to over taken by India and (slightly less rapidly) France.

Edited by RIchard Britten

14 minutes ago, Declan said:

What do we now think the outcome is going to be?

I'm thinking the deal will be voted down today. May (or a successor) gets an extension on Article 50 (or works very quickly) and a gets a new deal from the EU. This will probably be a softer version of the current proposal, this is passed with Labour and Remain Tories support, and the hard line Brexiters and DUP are squeezed out.

This will be a compromise that will suit the majority of the population can support - UK will leave EU, but the concerns of most remainers ameliorated, and the country can move on and address more important issues, most of the country can unite. Only the most ardent Leavers and Remoaners will be on the outside chanting and waiving flags. 

Either that or having kicked it down the road for 3 years they will chance their arm with another referendum. Whatever, it is coming to a head.

Jersey has a view on food supplies but not seen IOM say much so far. I have not seen the Guardian predict people foraging but there is an article on people hoarding tinned food which was a crime in both wars. I post a Jersey link

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2019/01/15/no-deal-brexit-warning-months-of-interrupted-food-supplies/

25 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Nope.

It is your fervent use of the G word which triggers you (and your ilk).

Your attempts at distance psychoanalysis are pointless and wildly inaccurate. "Journalists" such as the writer of that piece don't make me angry. I pity them.