So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

What was decided was that the UK is leaving the EU. The common ground I'm talking about involves leaving the EU but in away that causes least harm to Britain and the EU. The May proposal is driving off a cliff and Rees-Mogg wants to hit the accelerator. 

couldn't care about the unelected eu........

no evidence of any harm to the uk by leaving.......

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, woody2 said:

couldn't care about the unelected eu........

no evidence of any harm to the uk by leaving.......

But you're in the minority that will be left outside waiving your flag and shouting at Richard and PK. Meanwhile the rest of us get on with it. 

37 minutes ago, woolley said:

We debunked this myth last week.

Bullshit.

It ended up with you and the rest of the right-wingers on here, and what a list that is, questioning what the timing baseline was for this claim by the likes of AgeUK to try and discredit that it's a record whilst blithely ignoring that any amount of old folks and children living in poverty in the fifth richest nation on the planet (as you put it) is an absolute bloody disgrace!

Shame on you.

15 minutes ago, Declan said:

But you're in the minority that will be left outside waiving your flag and shouting at Richard and PK. Meanwhile the rest of us get on with it. 

It's also ignoring ALL the projections that state that ANY deal isn't going to be as good as the status quo.

But then the priority is not economic but rather it's to get rid of Johnny Foreigner...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Says Wollster little yappy dog...

Well, by the time I've thought of a response and written one up, before submitting the post I will look and see who's posted what while I've been compiling my own. Invariably, the eloquent and articulate woollster (for it is he) has usually beaten me to it, and his reply is usually in more measured and reasonable terms than those I would employ to challenge yourself and Corporal Clot (so glad my liking his posts annoys you both so much, lol!). Politically, woollster and myself are very much of the same 'ilk.' So to post up basically the same thing as another poster would be a poor show, don't you think..? He does it all so much better than me anyway. What's wrong with liking a post one agrees with, whatever the subject?

Edited by quilp
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

It's also ignoring ALL the projections that state that ANY deal isn't going to be as good as the status quo.

But then the priority is not economic but rather it's to get rid of Johnny Foreigner...

Sadly the status quo isn't on offer. I wish that it was but -

• there's been a referendum saying we must leave.
  • there may be a narrow opinion poll lead for Remain, but there was before the last vote.
  • A second referendum will most likely get the same result. 
  • A narrow vote for remain in a second referendum would lead to riots and calls for a third referendum.
  • There hasn't been a massive collective change of heart by substantial numbers of leavers demanding a second vote. 

We're leaving. We've got to make the best of it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

Sadly the status quo isn't on offer. I wish that it was but -

• there's been a referendum saying we must leave.
  • there may be a narrow opinion poll lead for Remain, but there was before the last vote.
  • A second referendum will most likely get the same result. 
  • A narrow vote for remain in a second referendum would lead to riots and calls for a third referendum.
  • There hasn't been a massive collective change of heart by substantial numbers of leavers demanding a second vote. 

We're leaving. We've got to make the best of it. 

Absolutely.

Economic arguments will never sway the bigoted...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, woolley said:

It's a gravy train, mate. Gotta keep the cash coming in. Everyone's a winner.

https://www.aol.co.uk/2015/06/08/charity-bosses-pocket-huge-salaries/?guccounter=1

As we said before, people are struggling, always have, always will. But record levels. Don't be silly.

Old news.

I personally take the baseline from the start of Blair's first administration where they actually set themselves targets on reducing poverty.

The tories must have wondered what on earth were they up to? You know, because they have the attitude "people are struggling, always have, always will" ie no point trying to do anything about that then....