So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

36 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

He’s a shyster. He’s just wanting an election so he can be pm. Just like May, he hasn’t got the stones to tell the great unwashed that there are no unicorns. 

I completely disagree.

No-one will be more surprised than Corbyn, except perhaps me, if the vote goes through and he ends up as PM.

I don't see the point in having a vote of no confidence now. It was like he was cajoled into calling it by May. Surely better to keep it in reserve, in case a moment arises where it can be won. 

Maybe there's a deal. He looks tough to his supporters, she wins the vote and is strengthened, and then commits to a revised Political Declaration that they will work towards a Norway Plus model post exit. Labour then support the deal.  

The vote of confidence in the Government thing is a waste of time. A large majority of the Parliament might not have supported May’s deal but I doubt a majority relish the prospect of another General Election and Corbyn has no chance of winning one if it did happen. Obviously, we will find out soon enough but personally I cannot see this vote of confidence going anywhere.

sir nige just likes winding you remoaners up.........

Au contraire.

He has got where he is (and got us where we now are) by 20 years worth of winding up ordinary decent hard working people to blame the wrong cause for their perceived ills.

Y'know the ills he constantly reminds them they have. 

Can’t help thinking that the Tory rebels missed a trick by not waiting for today to call their vote of confidence in their leader. I’m not sure it would have turned out differently but I’m pretty sure they would have got more no votes than they did back in December. I know it could be argued that they had no way of knowing how the deal vote would have went but it seemed quite a safe bet that it would fail.

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Can’t help thinking that the Tory rebels missed a trick by not waiting for today to call their vote of confidence in their leader. I’m not sure it would have turned out differently but I’m pretty sure they would have got more no votes than they did back in December. I know it could be argued that they had no way of knowing how the deal vote would have went but it seemed quite a safe bet that it would fail.

It does feel like they jumped the gun and missed out on capitalising on her crushing defeat yesterday.

13 hours ago, woody2 said:

to be fair she gave corbyn a good kicking after the vote......

she basically waved her badger at him........

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I don't see the point in having a vote of no confidence now. It was like he was cajoled into calling it by May. Surely better to keep it in reserve, in case a moment arises where it can be won. 

Maybe there's a deal. He looks tough to his supporters, she wins the vote and is strengthened, and then commits to a revised Political Declaration that they will work towards a Norway Plus model post exit. Labour then support the deal.  

can't find the whole clip- but she said she would except a confidence motion off someone else (snp) if he didn't have the bottle.......

that's why he was so mad......

no chance on norway.......

58 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Au contraire.

He has got where he is (and got us where we now are) by 20 years worth of winding up ordinary decent hard working people to blame the wrong cause for their perceived ills.

nah......

31 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

the same number approx voted against the agreement and the confidence in their leader...... so no change.......

4 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the same number approx voted against the agreement and the confidence in their leader...... so no change.......

Maybe but the mood has definitely changed. Voting for the deal does not automatically mean confidence in the leader, some people know when to play the ball rather than the player. It is all hypothetical of course and as I said I’m not sure the overall result would have turned out differently.

14 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Maybe but the mood has definitely changed. Voting for the deal does not automatically mean confidence in the leader, some people know when to play the ball rather than the player. It is all hypothetical of course and as I said I’m not sure the overall result would have turned out differently.

117 Vs 118..... so she may of got one more vote against her..........

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Were they voting on exactly the same thing? Er, noDo you not think there is a chance that some who had confidence back in December will have woken up feeling different today?

same people.......

i don't think anyone had confidence in her back in december.............

1 hour ago, ballaughbiker said:

Au contraire.

Absolutely.

A demagogue of the very worst kind....