So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

I need a #Woodytip.

I put a tenner on a second referendum before 2020 with betfair a year ago at 12/1. It’s now shortened to 5/4. Thing is, I’m not so sure it’ll happen now. If I cash in now I’ll have made £97.50, if they call a second referendum in time I’ll make £120, and if I hold on to it and a referendum doesn’t happen I’ll lose it all. Woody, please, do you predict a second referendum before 2020?

20 hours ago, quilp said:

Well, by the time I've thought of a response and written one up, before submitting the post I will look and see who's posted what while I've been compiling my own. Invariably, the eloquent and articulate woollster (for it is he) has usually beaten me to it, and his reply is usually in more measured and reasonable terms than those I would employ to challenge yourself and Corporal Clot (so glad my liking his posts annoys you both so much, lol!). Politically, woollster and myself are very much of the same 'ilk.' So to post up basically the same thing as another poster would be a poor show, don't you think..? He does it all so much better than me anyway. What's wrong with liking a post one agrees with, whatever the subject?

Dear me. If you think anyone cares what you "Like" or not then you really are delusional. At most we would think "yap yap yap lapdog" and move on without giving it another thought.

But this "so glad my liking his posts annoys you both so much, lol!" indicates to me a "point scoring" mentality that can ruin a place like this.

It's just MF. It's not the Forum Romanum. IMHO you need to lighten up.

2 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I need a #Woodytip.

I put a tenner on a second referendum before 2020 with betfair a year ago at 12/1. It’s now shortened to 5/4. Thing is, I’m not so sure it’ll happen now. If I cash in now I’ll have made £97.50, if they call a second referendum in time I’ll make £120, and if I hold on to it and a referendum doesn’t happen I’ll lose it all. Woody, please, do you predict a second referendum before 2020?

They're offering you £97.50 to cash out now? I'm no woody, but cash out.

Edited by TheTeapot

Just re-read the receipt. It’s before 2022. 

Bad news on the odds is that it’s now gone out to 11/5. Also miscalculated the cost of cashing in at 5/4 which would have given me a £112 profit. Now it’s out to 11/5 it would still give me a £98 profit. Very tempted to cash in, but waiting for a #Woodytip.