So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

so corbyn will meet with and the ira, hamas and hezbollah with no preconditions but not the pm.......

yet 2 weeks after 5 had been killed by the ira in 84 corbyn invited them to parliament......

:rolleyes:

and to top it off demontum attacking gove for his jewish background.....

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

so corbyn will meet with and the ira, hamas and hezbollah with no preconditions but not the pm.......

yet 2 weeks after 5 had been killed by the ira in 84 corbyn invited them to parliament......

:rolleyes:

and to top it off demontum attacking gove for his jewish background.....

I don't think anyone on here thinks that Corbyn should be PM, I sure as hell don't.  I think as leader of the opposition he has been totally useless and has not pressed the Government hard enough on key issues.

Why the hell was he yammering on about educational reform in PMQ's earlier this week for instance rather than challenging May over the Brexit deal?  

It is clear that Parliament do not want a hard Brexit (or clean Brexit whichever you makes you feel better) and that leaves very few options.  A deal that involves a customs union is not going to go down well on either side as it would be the worst bits of the EU without any say in the rules.  Remaining would upset roughly half the population (thanks to David Cameron saying that the result of the advisory referendum would be implemented).

A no deal exit would only please a small minority, such as yourself, and I make no judgement on you for that.  You have a different opinion from me which is fine.

17 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I don't think anyone on here thinks that Corbyn should be PM, I sure as hell don't.  I think as leader of the opposition he has been totally useless and has not pressed the Government hard enough on key issues.

Why the hell was he yammering on about educational reform in PMQ's earlier this week for instance rather than challenging May over the Brexit deal?  

It is clear that Parliament do not want a hard Brexit (or clean Brexit whichever you makes you feel better) and that leaves very few options.  A deal that involves a customs union is not going to go down well on either side as it would be the worst bits of the EU without any say in the rules.  Remaining would upset roughly half the population (thanks to David Cameron saying that the result of the advisory referendum would be implemented).

A no deal exit would only please a small minority, such as yourself, and I make no judgement on you for that.  You have a different opinion from me which is fine.

like the one used to join........:lol:

as the law currently stands, the uk are leaving with our without an agreement..........

you know the law that was passed by parliament, the one you claim doesn't want to leave on no agreement......

at least the uk isn't gassing its own people on the streets........

39 minutes ago, woody2 said:

like the one used to join........:lol:

as the law currently stands, the uk are leaving with our without an agreement..........

you know the law that was passed by parliament, the one you claim doesn't want to leave on no agreement......

at least the uk isn't gassing its own people on the streets........

I need to try and find the details, however, I believe that there is a growing view that the legislation passed only empowered the PM to give notice that the UK intended to withdraw from the EU but stopped short (because it was badly written) of actually giving the Government and the PM the power to withdraw from the EU.

There is another option through which Parliament could by pass the legislation and Government and that is via the "humble address" process - effectively going directly to the Queen.  That may be the option to force through a second referendum.

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

A no deal exit would only please a small minority...

How small a minority do you think? Because the reality is, you don't really know how large, or how small, that actual number of people is until it came to a vote.

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

How small a minority do you think? Because the reality is, you don't really know how large, or how small, that actual number of people is until it came to a vote.

Any figure I give you would be a total guess because as you say no one really knows the reasons why individuals voted for brexit and what they imagined it would look like.  I do not even remember (I stand to be corrected) a no-deal exit having been discussed in the lead up to the referendum.  I recall the rhetoric being that the EU would want a deal that would be beneficial to the UK because reasons. 

• Like 1