So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Well I’ve cashed in my 2nd referendum bet. Nice £100. They’re giving 4/1 on Brexit happening by March 29th. That’s pretty stiff odds. As Woody keeps saying it’s going to happen it’s not worth the punt, but the betting exchanges are always a good indicator of public opinion. 

liar.......

22 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

C'mon Woolley, where and when have they ever said what you claim ? It's twisting the facts to suit an agenda. This is the sort of tripe that Farage has been coming out with lately.

They take this line at every opportunity. Not content with coveting the future, they want to rewrite history. European Parliament President Antonio Tajani, no less, makes such claims in the very clip I linked to. That is why I linked it. We may laugh, but if they say it often enough as it all slips out of living memory, people will start to believe it. It's just a trading bloc of course!

Edited by woolley

36 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the other 14 ferries.........

as for the cruise ships.....

:whistling:

http://www.captaingreybeard.com/2010/04/why-po-is-not-completely-wedde.html

That was the initial move when the ship Azura was newly launched. Your posting is dated 2010. Azura has been registered in Hamilton Bermuda since 2011 which makes it British but not UK. Six P&O ferries have gone or are going to Cyprus which is in the EU. UK tonnage tax was introduced in 2000. EU members each have their own tonnage tax. If I were the owners of cross channel ferriesI would think in terms of such an incentive to shipping as tonnage tax being more acceptable to the EU after Brexit as opposed to operating within the UK tonnage tax as an outsider.

2 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

That was the initial move when the ship Azura was newly launched. Your posting is dated 2010. Azura has been registered in Hamilton Bermuda since 2011 which makes it British but not UK. Six P&O ferries have gone or are going to Cyprus which is in the EU. UK tonnage tax was introduced in 2000. EU members each have their own tonnage tax. If I were the owners of cross channel ferriesI would think in terms of such an incentive to shipping as tonnage tax being more acceptable to the EU after Brexit as opposed to operating within the UK tonnage tax as an outsider.

nope - if it was to do with exit they would have split ship registration......no point having ships that can berth in france and not the uk.....

its purely down to tonnage tax.......

2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

nope - if it was to do with exit they would have split ship registration......no point having ships that can berth in france and not the uk.....

The ships can berth where they like. Registration does not affect where you can go other than some restraints in wars or sanctions and most of those are ignored although an Israeli ship might find it hard to get into an Arab state and Arabs have long boycotted ships trading with Israel as did USA blacklist ships trading with Cuba for decades. Tonnage tax is an incentive to own ships and register in an EU nation in this instance. The tax is up to each EU member. P&O and others are openly saying that moving to an EU nation flag makes sure of tonnage tax benefits due to Brexit uncertainty. They could switch if the UK's future viz a viz post Brexit were more certain. Personally, I think they will be non-UK flag for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

The ships can berth where they like. Registration does not affect where you can go other than some restraints in wars or sanctions and most of those are ignored although an Israeli ship might find it hard to get into an Arab state and Arabs have long boycotted ships trading with Israel as did USA blacklist ships trading with Cuba for decades. Tonnage tax is an incentive to own ships and register in an EU nation in this instance. The tax is up to each EU member. P&O and others are openly saying that moving to an EU nation flag makes sure of tonnage tax benefits due to Brexit uncertainty. They could switch if the UK's future viz a viz post Brexit were more certain. Personally, I think they will be non-UK flag for a long time.

no they can't....

they switch flags all the time, always have done, its nothing new or to do with exit......

13 minutes ago, woody2 said:

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2019/01/20/english-shipping-company-registers-its-operating-fleet-in-cyprus-because-of-Brexit/

The above link contains a P&0 statement explaining that moving to Cyprus flag is down to Brexit and that the company would rather be under an EU tonnage tax than a UK scheme due to Brexit uncertainty. Other UK companies are likely to leave the UK flag

3 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2019/01/20/english-shipping-company-registers-its-operating-fleet-in-cyprus-because-of-Brexit/

The above link contains a P&0 statement explaining that moving to Cyprus flag is down to Brexit and that the company would rather be under an EU tonnage tax than a UK scheme due to Brexit uncertainty. Other UK companies are likely to leave the UK flag

they switch flags all the time, always have done, its nothing new or to do with exit......

Just now, woody2 said:

They do not switch all the time. When a ship is registered in a country that country becomes its nationality. It comes under the laws of that country and the treaties and conventions it follows. This makes the ship legitimate and thus gives it the right to trade anywhere. Now we shall see P&0 cross channel ferries six of them apparently with Cyprus flag status and able to go anywhere. On your logic they would have to stay in Limmassol  or wherever in Cyprus. On your logic the Ben my Chree could never sail to Dublin. As regards split registration...tell me would one half of the ship be in Cyprus and the other half say in Dover...How would you reconcile the laws of two countries applying to one ship?