So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

By  british you mean the english?

No. I mean the British - people of the British Isles. There is not a majority in any of the smaller constituent countries of the UK to break it up. However, it has never been tested as to whether the English in a referendum would be in favour of doing so. Probably better not to ask eh? :thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it never went away........

I don't recall too many car bombings or attacks on civilians and security forces in the UK, post 1998 GFA? If you seriously think that we've got the level of  Irish-sectarian related violence either in Ireland or exported to England that was witnessed in the 70s, 80s and early 90s then you've got a short memory.

I'm pretty sure that 99% of Belfast residents now prefer the developed, relatively peaceful city it now is; rather than shovelling human remains into sacks as used to be the case. Obviously returning to that would be a price worth paying to rid ourselves of the EU?

17 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

The only people i have ever met that would describe themselves as happy to be british are the english or the protestants socially engineered into northern ireland.

You obviously move in the wrong circles. The daft part is that we ARE all British - as natives of the British Isles - and the vast majority of us are walking around with the blood of all of the constituent nations coursing through our veins. The seas around us were our main highways for centuries.

Edited by woolley

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I don't recall too many car bombings or attacks on civilians and security forces in the UK, post 1998 GFA? If you seriously think that we've got the level of  Irish-sectarian related violence either in Ireland or exported to England that was witnessed in the 70s, 80s and early 90s then you've got a short memory.

I'm pretty sure that 99% of Belfast residents now prefer the developed, relatively peaceful city it now is; rather than shovelling human remains into sacks as used to be the case. Obviously returning to that would be a price worth paying to rid ourselves of the EU?

Of course not. It's a false premise. Can you not see that this is a prime example of Project Fear? The horrors that will befall if we dare to do this.

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Of course not. It's a false premise. Can you not see that this is a prime example of Project Fear? The horrors that will befall if we dare to do this.

The numerous residents and business people of Ireland interviewed on an all-afternoon Sky News report from the province and its border today unfortunately didn't seem to share that view.

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

its just not reported anymore......it has the highest number of terrorist incidents in the whole of the eu......

15 minutes ago, woolley said:

No. I mean the British - people of the British Isles. There is not a majority in any of the smaller constituent countries of the UK to break it up. However, it has never been tested as to whether the English in a referendum would be in favour of doing so. Probably better not to ask eh? :thumbsup:

If it was in englands favour not to have a union there wouldn't be one. Gaslighters on a major scale

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

The numerous residents and business people of Ireland interviewed on an all-afternoon Sky News report from the province and its border today unfortunately didn't seem to share that view.

Well you can understand that when all and sundry are doing their best to put the fear of God up them. But it isn't going to happen. Everyone has said so. It is enshrined in the GFA and nobody, not even the EU, will dare to reopen that.

2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

its just not reported anymore......it has the highest number of terrorist incidents in the whole of the eu......

It isn't like in The Troubles, Woody. Not anything like that. It's low level by comparison. Not fun if you're caught up in it, but not in the same league as then.

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

If it was in englands favour not to have a union there wouldn't be one. Gaslighters on a major scale

Well that is true going way back when, although the other nations have done pretty well out of it since. Scots, Irish, Welsh all bestrode the globe and made mighty fortunes during the Pax Britannica. I am talking about today though, and it very much depends what you mean by "England". It isn't one dimensional. There is the elite and there is the great unwashed. Sadly for the elite, referenda are conducted among the entire population as they have found to their shock. You could find that the English in general have grown tired of shelling out for the Celtic fringes. I don't think they would dare ask on that one, so while they might have had an indyref north of the border, I don't think there will be a similar exercise in England any time soon.

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

It isn't like in The Troubles, Woody. Not anything like that. It's low level by comparison. Not fun if you're caught up in it, but not in the same league as then.

never said it was.......

but its not peace either......

DwlxCn-XcAA1nvO.thumb.jpg.b2fa39c5fe831afce0a0aaf781dbb422.jpg

88 out of 137 separatist attacks relate to n.i.

58 were shooting and 30 were bombing incidents........