So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Hadn’t realised they’d been in films. Then saw the Oompalumpahs and it all made sense.

in the spirit of the countdown to brexit, the very few days left, I thought I’d remind all posters that topics automatically self lock once 10,000 posts have been reached. 15 to go.

In the event of reaching 10,000 with still no agreement between P.K. and Woody will the moderators introduce a form of 'Backstop' to prevent the thread 'Crashing out' with no deal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

In the event of reaching 10,000 with still no agreement between P.K. and Woody will the moderators introduce a form of 'Backstop' to prevent the thread 'Crashing out' with no deal?

No, but just like W2 and the rest of the unicorns and Oompalumpahs won’t allow a second referendum, because that would be anti democratic or JRM who wants parliament to take control, but when it threatens to do something he doesn’t want seeks it to be closed down, any new Brexit thread will be subject to WTO rules, and a 30% tariff, if not banned entirely.

37 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Special moderator over ride for Mallet as it was started and got to 10,000 before the last forum software update.

Interesting that you don’t know that 9,900 is less than 10,000, although we realised, many months ago that your grasp of economics was non existent. I think that the count I see includes deleted posts, whereas you don’t. 

It’ll be interesting to see whether the programme takes them into account.

37 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, but just like W2 and the rest of the unicorns and Oompalumpahs won’t allow a second referendum, because that would be anti democratic or JRM who wants parliament to take control, but when it threatens to do something he doesn’t want seeks it to be closed down, any new Brexit thread will be subject to WTO rules, and a 30% tariff, if not banned entirely.

not true........

23 hours ago, woolley said:

Why? I thought they were the British Broadcasting Corporation, not the EU Broadcasting Corporation. Would explain a lot though.

The BEEB is business trading news, shows, recordings etc and needs to be incorporated in the Single market like ships are moving to EU flags preferring EU tonnage tax for when the UK version is outside the single market. BBC will need a dedicated EU incorporation like JRM having his company presence in Dublin.

1 minute ago, Barrie Stevens said:

The BEEB is business trading news, shows, recordings etc and needs to be incorporated in the Single market like ships are moving to EU flags preferring EU tonnage tax for when the UK version is outside the single market. BBC will need a dedicated EU incorporation like JRM having his company presence in Dublin.

:rolleyes:

bbc don't need to change anything.......

tonnage tax has nothing to do with the eu........otherwise p+o would of moved the other boats......

jrm hasn't moved anything.........they set up a fund, they have other fund in other eu member states already.......

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

:rolleyes:

bbc don't need to change anything.......

tonnage tax has nothing to do with the eu........otherwise p+o would of moved the other boats......

jrm hasn't moved anything.........they set up a fund, they have other fund in other eu member states already.......

Tonnage tax schemes  are EU approved and instigated read the shipping business trade press. The ferries are EU traders as we say in shipping,

40 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Tonnage tax schemes  are EU approved and instigated read the shipping business trade press. The ferries are EU traders as we say in shipping,

its not derived from they eu........the only eu rules that apply is state aid........otherwise p+o would of moved the other boats.....

6 minutes ago, woody2 said:

its not derived from they eu........the only eu rules that apply is state aid........otherwise p+o would of moved the other boats.....

No it is designed to attract ships to EU flags and registers.The schemes are approved of for periods like ten years. You can see the announcements as to approval on line. The ferries it would seem benefit as they are trading to and from EU members. Other ships are on the Bermuda registry which has its own tax system and obviously of benefit. Maybe the Eu would not like Bermudan ferries? As I say read the trade press...

Either way it looks like a hard Brexit now by default so the scramble to disengage from the UK has begun. Down on my manor people are starting to fill the cupboard. I am going for toothpaste etc pasta, dried veg, soap etc...pulses, pearl barley, lentils, marmite, oats in all forms, curry etc, I did buy 30 tins of Tesco sardines in tommy sauce but the price has jumped from 40p to 85p. Lot of tinned stuff has gone up. I think they can see people putting cans away..