So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 minute ago, Freggyragh said:

What do you mean? What new trade deals they’re working on? How they’re going to ensure the super-wealthy pay their taxes? Or do you mean programs for government for all the constituent national governments? 

What I mean is; When are we going to see the actual plan for where the European Superstate is actually heading?

In 1951 it was a 'European Coal & Steel Community to prevent Germany re-emerging as a major power- that was understandable, but it turned out to be a lie.

Then in 1973 the UK joined what was the European Economic Community (EEC) - That turned out to also be a lie.

Then it transformed into European Union Project

Then 'Ever closer Union'

As recently as 4 or 5 years ago (in the run up to the 2016 referendum) we were told 'No EU foreign Policy' - now a lie.

Then 'No EU' Army - now a lie.

Now they have admitted that from the very beginning it was designed as the 'European Project towards Federation' (The latest term to be used by the EU Parliament itself).

So, to go back to my question "When are we going to see the actual plan for where the European Superstate is actually heading?"

I mean when will the 67 years of lying stop, and when will the EU citizens be told what they have actually signed up for?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Can you point to a 5, 10 or 15 year plan for any of the 27 ongoing members? 

Such long term planning tends to be connected to centralised planning of the extreme left or right. The EU has never been such a centralised body/state/federation , and so far, neither are any of its members.

I think that you need to read the history of the formation of the EU see just how much centralised planning went into it John - and as for you introducing the likes of Rothmere and Barclay brothers - are you aware of the background of one Jean Monnet (founding father of the EU)?

Monnet resigned in 1923 and devoted himself to managing the family business, which was experiencing difficulties. In 1925, Monnet moved to America to accept a partnership in Blair & Co., a New York bank which merged with Bank of America in 1929, forming Bancamerica-Blair Corporation which was owned by Transamerica Corporation. He returned to international politics and, as an international financier, proved to be instrumental to the economic recovery of several Central and Eastern European nations. He helped stabilise the Polish złoty in 1927 and the Romanian leu in 1928. In November 1932, the Chinese Minister of Finance invited Jean Monnet to act as chairman of an East-West non-political committee in China for the development of the Chinese economy where he lived until 1936.[citation needed] During his time in China, Monnet's task of partnering Chinese capital with foreign companies led to the formal inauguration of the Chinese Development Finance Corporation (CDFC) as well as the reorganization of the Chinese railroads.[6]

In 1935, when Monnet was still in Shanghai, he became a business partner of George Murnane (a former colleague of Monnet at Transamerica) in Monnet, Murnane & Co. Murnane was connected to the Wallenberg family in Sweden, the Bosch family in Germany, the Solvays and Boëls in Belgium, and John Foster Dulles, André Meyer, and the Rockefeller family in the United States.[7] He was considered among the most connected persons of his time.[8]

Pot / Kettle so to speak. :rolleyes:

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

1 minute ago, woody2 said:

looking back to the boe guesswork for 2016/17/18 done towards the end of 2015...... the uk has exceeded every bit of guesswork the boe did.......

more inward investment, higher gdp and higher growth than they said........

i blame exit......

:whistling:

Don't go confusing the issue with facts Woody, they won't like that :D

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

I think that you need to read the history of the formation of the EU see just how much centralised planning went into it John - and as for you introducing the likes of Rothmere and Barclay brothers - are you aware of the background of one Jean Monnet (founding father of the EU)?

Monnet resigned in 1923 and devoted himself to managing the family business, which was experiencing difficulties. In 1925, Monnet moved to America to accept a partnership in Blair & Co., a New York bank which merged with Bank of America in 1929, forming Bancamerica-Blair Corporation which was owned by Transamerica Corporation. He returned to international politics and, as an international financier, proved to be instrumental to the economic recovery of several Central and Eastern European nations. He helped stabilise the Polish złoty in 1927 and the Romanian leu in 1928. In November 1932, the Chinese Minister of Finance invited Jean Monnet to act as chairman of an East-West non-political committee in China for the development of the Chinese economy where he lived until 1936.[citation needed] During his time in China, Monnet's task of partnering Chinese capital with foreign companies led to the formal inauguration of the Chinese Development Finance Corporation (CDFC) as well as the reorganization of the Chinese railroads.[6]

In 1935, when Monnet was still in Shanghai, he became a business partner of George Murnane (a former colleague of Monnet at Transamerica) in Monnet, Murnane & Co. Murnane was connected to the Wallenberg family in Sweden, the Bosch family in Germany, the Solvays and Boëls in Belgium, and John Foster Dulles, André Meyer, and the Rockefeller family in the United States.[7] He was considered among the most connected persons of his time.[8]

Pot / Kettle so to speak. :rolleyes:

Well aware of Monets background. So what.

But it’s you who misunderstands the EU, it’s founding and subsequent development. 

It’s organic, evolving, ever changing, ( slowly perhaps) there is no fixed objective.

It’s one aim can be stated simply, to stop European war by coordinating and integrating their economies to such an extent that such a war becomes impossible.

It’s been remarkably successful in that aim, Not just in the Franco German axis but stabilising and integrating and ensuring democracy post right wing dictatorships in Spain, Portugal and Greece in the late 1970’s and 1980’s and central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans, post communist dictatorship.

13 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But it’s you who misunderstands the EU, it’s founding and subsequent development. 

It’s organic, evolving, ever changing, ( slowly perhaps) there is no fixed objective.

It’s one aim can be stated simply, to stop European war by coordinating and integrating their economies to such an extent that such a war becomes impossible.

It’s been remarkably successful in that aim, Not just in the Franco German axis but stabilising and integrating and ensuring democracy post right wing dictatorships in Spain, Portugal and Greece in the late 1970’s and 1980’s and central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans, post communist dictatorship.

Well, if I misunderstand the EU then it must be because they are lying again - because it is the EU (not me) that now describes itself as a Confederation and it's ultimate destination as a 'Federation'!

(btw have you read the trailer thread since yesterday)

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

2 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

It makes me a democrat P.K. i.e. Somebody who accepts the result of a legitimate vote.

It is not a concept that you will be familiar with mind.

What tosh.

It makes you someone who should choose their £numbers with a little more care.....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I wouldn't bother if I were you John.

The Brexiteers just will not accept that the EU could have a benign influence. According to them Brussels is run by Evil Goblins intent on world domination. Well, it's no more far-fetched than some of the nonsense they come out with.

During the eighties and nineties I spent a lot of time working all over the EU. At one time I was virtually living in Berlin. I became very aware of the collective guilt carried by modern Germans. Although it was a lot less in those from the East. IMHO this guilt manifested itself in the way Merkel threw the borders open to all those refugees. Some 1.4 million of them. Proof if proof were needed.

The average response of the brexiteers to this humane gesture seemed to be mockery....

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

The average response of the brexiteers to this humane gesture seemed to be mockery....

Humane gesture? Madder by the day, so y'are. Any minute now you'll be vaingloriously re-quoting your previous posts believing it adds credibility. Lol... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1