So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Just now, woolley said:

Exactly. But let PK live in his fantasy of EU supremacy. I really don't know why he doesn't move to the continent full time. The truth is that all states and all systems of regulation have their pros and cons.

Let's be clear here though, the eu animal welfare and food processing rules are far preferable to those of the US. You know about eggs in the US yeah? 

On 1/30/2019 at 8:26 PM, pongo said:

We should not be listening to the sort of people who hint darkly at trouble. Frankly, it should never have been allowed to get to this.

4 hours ago, quilp said:

This post is a prime example of the elitist's mindset. Ignore them and they'll go away.

It's about not letting the debate be driven by the sort of troublemakers who threaten violence - ie terrorists. Do you really consider that elitist ?

Frankly I'm sick of people moaning about, so-called, elitism. We live in something much closer to a meritocracy than ever before. Certainly much more meritocratic than the imaginarily bucolic past which so many seem to hark back to. It's a time of amazing opportunity for those who are willing to keep up.

Those whining about the imaginary elites seem little different, to me, from the leftists, troublemakers and strikers of the 1970s who did so much to undermine the British economy (in many cases they are probably the same people - now elderly but still causing trouble).

:) 

Edited by pongo

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Let's be clear here though, the eu animal welfare and food processing rules are far preferable to those of the US. You know about eggs in the US yeah? 

I know about eggs in the EU too with plenty of scares over the years. Nobody has it perfect. Never can with a natural product. We know there is salmonella in a proportion of eggs, but it's a calculated risk that we eat them. As with anything else in every day life, the risk of coming to grief from eating a cooked egg on either side on the pond is vanishingly small. I've eaten plenty in both continents and I'm still here. British beef was banned in the EU, the US and elsewhere due to BSE. I think it was only the other week that Japan lifted that ban. Commercial concerns come into this as well. Let he who is without sin.....................

Edited by woolley

5 hours ago, woolley said:

You mean Spain will assist the UK in preference to Argentina over the sovereignty of "Las Malvinas"? And French Exocet missiles won't be fired at our forces in any future hostilities down there? How reassuring.

Not very reassuring for the Falklands seeing as the joint security declarations of the Lisbon Treaty is one of the things leavers seem to hate the most. And, I know you know better, but the leavers who like the idea of being the only country in the world to trade on WTO rules alone  are apparently blissfully unaware, or don’t care, that such a scenario will kill off the Falkland’s economy. 

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

I know about eggs in the EU too with plenty of scares over the years. Nobody has it perfect. Never can with a natural product. We know there is salmonella in a proportion of eggs, but it's a calculated risk that we eat them. As with anything else in every day life, the risk of coming to grief from eating a cooked egg on either side on the pond is vanishingly small. I've eaten plenty in both continents and I'm still here.

Dear me. You should at least TRY to produce decent food.

We all know about things like chlorinated chicken, gm crops, meat laced with growth hormones and so forth. Well it's a big no thanks from over here. As I posted previously we would far rather have decent standards and provenance like the EU strives to achieve than crap food courtesy of self-centred, lying, UK brexiteer politicos.

And please stop using over-dramatic nonsense descriptions like "EU supremacy" because it makes you come across like bug-eyed brexit loon Marcus Fysh!

22 minutes ago, woolley said:

I know about eggs in the EU too with plenty of scares over the years. Nobody has it perfect. Never can with a natural product. We know there is salmonella in a proportion of eggs, but it's a calculated risk that we eat them. As with anything else in every day life, the risk of coming to grief from eating a cooked egg on either side on the pond is vanishingly small. I've eaten plenty in both continents and I'm still here. British beef was banned in the EU, the US and elsewhere due to BSE. I think it was only the other week that Japan lifted that ban. Commercial concerns come into this as well. Let he who is without sin.....................

I don't think you really understood about the eggs.

18 minutes ago, pongo said:

Frankly I'm sick of people moaning about, so-called, elitism. 

Those whining about the imaginary elites seem little different, to me, from the leftists, troublemakers and strikers of the 1970s who did so much to undermine the British economy.

Blaming an imaginary "liberal elite" for all the ills affecting folks thus "vote Brexit to give them a good kicking" is straight out of "The Brexiteers SOP Handbook" by Nigel Farage.

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Blaming an imaginary "liberal elite" for all the ills affecting folks thus "vote Brexit to give them a good kicking" is straight out of "The Brexiteers SOP Handbook" by Nigel Farage.

You are emulating and perpetuating that mindset by presuming the wisdom to know why people voted as they did. It's complex and you really have no idea. The height of arrogance and naivety.

• Thanks 1